Thomson Dream Cruise Review by Kathleen Worth

Member Name: Kathleen Worth
Cruise Date: February 2012
Embarkation: Barbados
Cabin Category: OU
See More About: Thomson Dream Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Thomson Cruises Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+

Ship Facts: Thomson Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Thomson Dream Deck Plans
Wish I was back on board Thomson Dream
We left Newcastle and were impressed with the check in. The just over 8 hour flight was good and on time and we were taken straight to the buses on arrival.

The actual boarding of the Dream was quick, carried out in one of the large port buildings so nothing fancy or frilly but quick and efficient. As we boarded at deck 4 I immediately noticed a smell which I can only describe as foisty - like a wet cloth left to dry. However, the staff immediately showed us to our cabin 7020, and although the cabin was okay, there was the same smell from a door which had a mat up against it which was staff only. The cabin was clean and basic but we only needed it to sleep and shower and change in. It was dated and some of the carpets on deck 7 were worn and stained which they shouldnt be but we decided not to let it affect our holiday as I was already suffering from seasickness and thought Id made a massive mistake....I hadnt as............

all staff but for us Aram, Eri, Nilo, Ruswandi, Hazel and others whose name I cant remember (sorry) were fabulous. I was a little disturbed to hear from some staff that they work long hours but if this is the case nearly all are fantastic. The food and entertainment are very good; I have read some people say that this isnt the case but I honestly cant understand what they are moaning about. We sampled the food in the Orion Restaurant - superb service and the Lido both inside and out and the Siren eateries and were never disappointed. The waiters are constantly clearing and asking if you would like drinks. The entertainment in the Broadway Lounge was mostly very impressive and there are masses of other types of entertainment day and night if you feel like it.

We went on six excursions five booked before we left and one after the too enthusiastic taxi men put me off when all we wanted to do was go to Nelsons Dockyard and they were insisting on taking us on a tour.....that was probably the only thing that put me off but I understand that they need to earn a living. The only excursion we were unhappy with was the Relaxing Maguerita which we thought didnt take us anywhere really, we would have liked an evaluation form from Thomson after each excursion.

We did have what Stephen Guy, the Creative Director, called liquid sunshine on about four occasions but it dries up so quickly it was never a hassle.

The fact that you need to put your cases out the night before you leave might cause an issue if youre not prepared for it but as immigration come aboard meaning you board your bus and get directed straight to the departure gates...there is really no issues!

Would we go again...definitely!!! We loved it! Highlights for us Tobago, Antigua and Barbados Carlisle Bay.

Publication Date: 02/28/12