Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Paramedic2380

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Paramedic2380
Oasis of the Seas
Oasis of the Seas
Member Name: Paramedic2380
Cruise Date: February 2012
Cabin Category: D8
Entertainment 5+

As expected
Seven day cruise from Fort Lauderdale to Labadee, Falmouth and Cozumel, February 18 through 25, 2012.

1. Embarkation/debarkation at Fort Lauderdale was quick and easy. We arrived at FLL on Saturday about 1:30PM, after baggage claim we were in our cabin within an hour. Leaving the ship the following Saturday, we left one the ship's restaurants at 7AM, we were at the airport at 7:45AM.

2. The ship was great, the shows were impressive. The Aqua Theatre and Come Fly with Me were my favorites, Hairspray was good also. There is always something going on, the Promenade and Boardwalk were great.

3. Ports- Labadee was just beach. There were things to do and a bunch of small shops, but I wasn't too impressed. Falmouth- our stateroom attendant was from Jamacia; we were signed up to see "Historic Labadee" but he told us that there wasn't much to see there. We did a bus trip to Dunn's River Falls and Montego Bay instead. The tour and tour guide were great, but the bus driver drove very dangerously and recklessly. You are a long ways from good medical care there, a big wreck wouldn't have been too good. Cozumel was Cozumel, we had been there lots of times, so just did shopping there.

If I had any complaint on the Oasis itself, it would be that the chair hogs on the decks around the pools are alive and well, even in the Solarium. I also requested an accommodation for a CPAP, but this was never addressed or asked about, so I figured out things myself. We were on Deck 6, port side near the rear elevators. Lots of door slamming that shook our cabin walls throughout the day and evenings, may have been the utility/janitor spaces across the hall. Overall, these are just minor issues, we didn't allow the cruise lines to nickel and dime us to death and avoided swiping the "Sea Pass" card at all the shops and venues. I think we may have put around $100 on the Sea Pass card overall.

Would I go again? Very possibly. I'd love to take the grandkids.

Publication Date: 02/28/12