Carnival Glory Cruise Review by souxiequzy

Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Carnival Glory does not disappoint
This is the second time I've cruised on the Carnival Glory. In October 2010 I was on the Glory to New England and Canada from Manhattan. So glad that I researched and read reviews. We decided to book the least expensive cabin on the ship, listed technically as an inside cabin, but comes with two portholes. We were in Cabin 1211, almost to the front of the ship on deck one. It was surprisingly easy to get to the Lido deck for snacks and also getting an elevator for the dining room, etc. was never really a problem. And, for excursions we were just one deck up from the disembarking area, so it was really convenient for boarding and getting off the ship in port.

This cabin is also unusually large for such an inexpensive category. There is a bunk bed that actually disappears into the ceiling and a daybed that can be used as a bed. We had a very nice seating area, plenty of mirrors and areas to do makeup and hair.

For those times that we did not eat in the formal dining room, there were many choices that were no-fee, including a burrito bar, deli, pizza and calzone station, hamburger and hot dog station (best burgers!) and a lesser known area upstairs from the buffet area that serves fish and chips. The upstairs dining area was a great place to relax and look out the floor to ceiling windows.

This was the first time that I had cruised since needing to be on a special diet. I wasn't planning to say anything, but on the first night our waiter asked me if I had any special needs. After that the Hostess (Ifo) would come by every evening and show me the next day's menu for lunch and for dinner so that I could choose ahead. The meals were made according to my needs and served with my companion's meals each day.

The Glory is a large ship, but never feels that way. Also, the entertainment on board is exceptional. The singers and dancers put on such a professional show. There is a lot of attention to detail, and Carnival spares no expense on music, costumes, sets, etc.

Publication Date: 02/27/12