Ryndam Cruise Review by bigeagle12: Ryndam - February 12, 2012

Compare Prices on Ryndam Western Caribbean Cruises

Ryndam - February 12, 2012

Sail Date: February 2012
Embarkation: Tampa

First time HAL cruisers. Selected cruise for desired ports of Key West and Cozumel.

Pre-cruise stayed at Hampton Inn Rocky Point. Great hotel, free shuttle to and from port. No charge to leave car at hotel.

Embarkation was GREAT! Arrived at port at 12:30pm and was on ship at 12:40pm.

Ship: Beautiful ship and excellent condition. I am not one to look for negative things but here are a couple of things I noticed. A lot of the carpet was well worn and seating in show theater was very uncomfortable due to low backs.

Room: Large inside. Very roomy and lots of closet space.

Food: Excellent. Ate in MDR, Lido and Terrace Grill. MDR food was excellent. Lido was very good although selection did not vary much compared to RCI and Princess. Terrace Grill was just ok. I am a big pizza fan and pizza was just average .. Princess has the only good pizza I have found so far.

Service: Cabin steward, waiters, bar staff, customer service, More casino, shops, etc. - all EXCELLENT.

Entertainment: Singers were really good and the one comedian very good. The piano player in the Mix was LOUSY. Guitar player in Mix was very good. Overall lacked the variety of entertainment we enjoy on RCI and Princess.

Pools: I love the Terrace Pool and my wife prefers the Lido pool. They only fully opened the roof of the Lido pool on one day.

Casino: I love to play Blackjack after the wife goes to bed. Arrived at casino the first night at 11:45pm and they were shutting down all the tables. I am used to playing from 12am to 2 am .. not on this cruise. I will say this .. the dealers were EXCELLENT .. could deal fast and they could all count. Our last RCI cruise had the worst dealers .. cards flying everywhere and could not count .. REALLY ???

Misc: Average age of cruisers was probably 70's but active and mobile. Only saw 2 scooters and a few more with canes. Was the most courteous crowd we have experienced.

Overall: We had a very enjoyable cruise but prefer the activities offered on RCI and Princess. HAL will probably not be one of our preferred cruise lines .. but would cruise HAL again if they offer an itinerary that we like. Less

Read more Ryndam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Ryndam Review >>

Cabin review: Ryndam Large Interior Stateroom Main 663

Inside cabin. Large and roomy for an inside. Full size sofa bed. Lots of closet space. Large shower compared to Princess and RCI. Very quiet location.

Met friends from NCL ship. Had lunch at La Choza which was recommend by friends on Cruise Critic. Great restaurant, atmosphere and food.
Read 3089 Cozumel Reviews

Have been to Jamaica before and really did not care to visit again. Once you have been there and done the beach thing or Dunn River Falls there is not much else to do. Falmouth is just a "pre-fab" port built by RCI and is a great stop to stay on the ship.
Read 474 Falmouth Reviews

Lovely port with decent shopping.

Walked from ship to southern most point on Whitehead and then back up Duval. Weather was great, did a little shopping, and bought a few souvenirs and cigars. Great town!!!
Read 730 Key West Reviews