Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by Easy2Please1

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by Easy2Please1
Liberty of the Seas
Cabin Category: E1
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Great Cruise Only Good Food
My wife and I enjoyed this vacation by starting out spending two nights in Floridas Marriot Hotel in Plantation,Florida.The Hotel/Motel was clean and very enjoyable because it was within walking distance to shopping and food.The besat food that we ate during this vacation was at Smokey Bones restaurant near our motel.Also great was Tony Romo's restaurant and Five Guys hamburgers.We took a taxi at 6:00 to the docking port and were quickly taken care of by the luggage handlers.It took about an hour before we got on the ship.

When we entered our room we went to the balcony and were very impressed with the view.The room was clean and adequate for our needs.Our room attendant(Howard Bailey) was very polite and helpful.For dinner we went to the "My Time"restaurant on the 5th floor.The prime rib was terrible but the service was great.The next night I had rigatoni there and that looked like a side dish,not very much and it was undercooked.The food at the Windjammer Buffet on the 11th floor was better than this restaurant.Also,Sorrentos Pizza was even better than this restaurant.We went to see the Saturday Night Fever play and were thrilled with that.We played the nine hole miniature golf and had fun and I climbed the rock climbing wall and had fun.I also had the accupuncture treatment there because my leg was hurting real bad for about 7 days.The accupuncture cured the pain in my leg and was worth the $172.00 I spent for it.

We had two port of call stops on this trip.The first was a private island in Labadee,Haiti.We went on the zip line and had fun doing that.Will never do it again because it was overpriced($85.00 each).The beaches were nice but I thought the water would have been warmer.The free lunch on the island was terrible.The ribs were tough and the burgers were burnt.The stop in Falmouth,Jamaica was fun because we each rode a Dolphin.I didn't like having to take their tour bus for a whole hour just to get to the Dolphin site though.We traveled through some crummy looking areas of Jamaica during this ride.The jerk chicken for our free lunch in Jamaica was delicious.Embarkation from the boat when our cruise was over was slow.We were herded like a bunch of cattle through several mazes before we finally got to our ride back to the motel.It took about an hour to get off the boat and past customs.All in all we both enjoyed the cruise but will find a boat that will have better tasting food the next time we go on a cruise.Maybe the Allure or the Oasis will have better food?

Publication Date: 02/27/12