“Dream or not to Dream”

Member Since
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating

Having been reading the reviews for several months about this ship I was determined to keep an open mind, and having previously sailed on the Thomson Destiny to the Caribbean a few years ago I pretty much new what sort of standard to expect. However I was pleasantly surprised with the size and decor of cabin, and the majority of the decor on the rest of the ship. All the staff were helpful and friendly, always cleaning and seemed to be continually polishing the hand rails on the stair ways, no sign of nora visus thankfully, admittedly the lifts were a bit erratic but it forced us to use the stairs. The day at sea saw the usual shortage of sun beds along with beds being reserved for hours with no one using them, but this seems to be a common problem. The Ports of call were all good and it was nice to be able to go ashore in the evening in Aruba as it was a late sailing, we only did one arranged trip the rest of the time we did our own thing, but thoroughly enjoyed all the ports of call.

The only negatives I have are the standard of food in both restaurants, and thought the �£20.00 ahead for sirens was a rip off, so never went there, but cant imagine the food was any better the menu didn't change the whole week. The entertainment was OK, but I think the entertainment on the Destiny spoiled us as it wasn't quite up to the same standard. Also we were on level 5, our end of the corridor was ok but the end at the back smelt of sewage and sometimes crept into the stair well.

Overall enjoyed the cruise and would sail with Thomson again, however I'm pleased we did the cruise first and hotel 2nd week as I would have been even more disappointed in the standard of food having had marvelous meals at the hotel.

Overall Ratings
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

IN5001
cabin 5001 noisy in morning when docking as could hear engines etc. good size space and plenty of hanging space

Port

Didnt do a trip here, just went around shops and for a walk, lovely to see the iguanas lying on the rocks. Went ashore in the evening for a drink in a bar, which was a nice experience.

Read 989 Aruba Reviews
Port

bit of walk into the town but interesting colourful place, with the floating market, local market and swinging bridge, sat and watched the world go by in a harbour bar.

Read 702 Curacao Reviews
Port

went on an organised trip around Island, rained a little bit during day, but had an interesting time seeing the nutmegs and various other land marks, would have like longer at the falls

Read 482 Grenada Reviews
Port

got a taxi and went to the beach for the day, and had a bit of lunch, most expensive day but very enjoyable

Published 02/27/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Thomson Dream Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?