Thomson Dream Cruise Review by susan weaver

Member Name: susan weaver
Cruise Date: February 2012
Embarkation: other
Cabin Category: IN
See More About: Thomson Dream Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Thomson Cruises Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Thomson Dream Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Thomson Dream Deck Plans
Dream or not to Dream
Having been reading the reviews for several months about this ship I was determined to keep an open mind, and having previously sailed on the Thomson Destiny to the Caribbean a few years ago I pretty much new what sort of standard to expect. However I was pleasantly surprised with the size and decor of cabin, and the majority of the decor on the rest of the ship. All the staff were helpful and friendly, always cleaning and seemed to be continually polishing the hand rails on the stair ways, no sign of nora visus thankfully, admittedly the lifts were a bit erratic but it forced us to use the stairs. The day at sea saw the usual shortage of sun beds along with beds being reserved for hours with no one using them, but this seems to be a common problem. The Ports of call were all good and it was nice to be able to go ashore in the evening in Aruba as it was a late sailing, we only did one arranged trip the rest of the time we did our own thing, but thoroughly enjoyed all the ports of call.

The only negatives I have are the standard of food in both restaurants, and thought the £20.00 ahead for sirens was a rip off, so never went there, but cant imagine the food was any better the menu didn't change the whole week. The entertainment was OK, but I think the entertainment on the Destiny spoiled us as it wasn't quite up to the same standard. Also we were on level 5, our end of the corridor was ok but the end at the back smelt of sewage and sometimes crept into the stair well.

Overall enjoyed the cruise and would sail with Thomson again, however I'm pleased we did the cruise first and hotel 2nd week as I would have been even more disappointed in the standard of food having had marvelous meals at the hotel.

Publication Date: 02/27/12