Disney Dream Cruise Review by Pearl of Wisdom: Another wonderful cruise

Member Since 2012

Overall Member Rating

Another wonderful cruise

Sail Date: February 2012
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)

We took this cruise for our 20th anniversary without our kids and then again last week with our two teenage boys. Both trips were first rate. We find the dining experiences on Disney to be excellent. The service is exceptional. In fact, the service is so memorable that we recognized a server from a previous cruise and asked to have him as our server on this cruise. The quality and quantity of food is always excellent, whether you are at the fast food stations, buffets or in the main dining areas. The favorite dish on the cruise was the Grand Marnier Souffle...we each had 2! The wild boar was enjoyed by the men on our cruise...I passed.

I wish that Disney would vary the ports of call on the shorter cruises. I am so bored with Nassau, that now we stay on the ship for the day when docked there. We did get off the ship on the last cruise and found that the Island was pretty torn up from a storm. However, my favorite place on earth is Castaway Cay! We have been so lucky to never More have had bad weather there. It is amazing to see how much the island has changed over the years. Disney does a great job of maintaining the island and adding new features. Serenity bay for adults is paradise. The BBQ lunch was wonderful...including rib eye steak!

I would change is the adult entertainment is a little lacking. I find the director of entertainment to be very annoying and very loud. We took a cruise on Celebrity over the summer to Bermuda and I have to say that they had a man who sang and played guitar on an outside deck...we could have stayed out there all day long. Disney needs to do something like that. That is our only complaint and the ONLY area that Celebrity bests Disney.

We will be back for more! Maybe the cruise out of NY to Nova Scotia! Less

Published 02/26/12

Read more Disney Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Dream Review >>

Compare Prices on Disney Dream Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Cabin review: 10100

cabin 10100 had a wonderful balcony. Great sunsets. The room was large and the room was very quiet. Great service. The bathrooms are very nice. The toilet and sink is in one room and the shower with several shower heads in a separate room. That is important when trying to get 4 people ready. The beds are so comfy and the pillows too. I wanted to bring them home. There was a couch that converted to a full bed and an upper berth. Great storage and even the hair dryer was terrific...very powerful. Great vanity area in the sitting area to do hair and makeup. Beautiful decor.

Been there, done that. Unless you want to shop, there isn't much to do there. We went to Atlantis on one trip and it was nice, but not as wonderful as we expected after hearing all the hype. The boat trip to the Atlantis was nice. The second port was Castaway Cay....and my favorite place on Earth. It is paradise...especially Serentity Bay, the adult portion of the island. Would live there if I could! The beach is beautiful, quiet, drinks flowing, great BBQ for lunch....perfection!
Read 4286 Nassau Reviews

Compare Prices on Disney Dream Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Pearl of Wisdom
Member Since 2012
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X