Sun Princess Cruise Review by lutz

Member Name: lutz
Cruise Date: February 2012
Embarkation: other
Destination: South Pacific
See More About: Sun Princess Cruise Reviews | South Pacific Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Sun Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Sun Princess Deck Plans
First and Last time we would cruise on the Sun Princess
My husband and I were looking forward to being spoilt and to get value for money for the $8000.00 we splashed out on our mini suite on our cruise from Brisbane to Fiji, Noumea and Vanuatu, boy were we wrong....

I would think for the above price we could have had early boarding, but no we had to wait 3 hours, on finally boarding we are given a warm glass of Champagne served in a Red wine glass, and that was the last benifit we got for our money.

Not even bottled water for our cabin, we had to pay for that, our suite was AFT on Dolphin Deck, couldn't keep the balcony door open as the noise was increadible, so there was no point even sitting on the balcony as we had to shout to each other to be understood, and the balcony is tired and rusty, actually the room was nothing like what we viewed on the suite guide when we chose it.

The carpets in the room were stained and worn out, the sheets, were stained, yes stained.

As it was Valentines day on our cruise we splashed out on a couples massage, what a joke, we were taken into what seemed like a closet at the lotus spa, there storage room, for our massage, every minute, what sounded like 100 toilets flushing rang in my ear, until I had had enough, the girls attending us, admitted, that they get many complaints regarding the room because of the noise,

( then why do they do the massages there in the closet) we are then given our bottle of champagne, are we to drink this in the dark surrounded my cleaning supplies? I asked them to take it to our room, yes I did complain and was given one free massage, poor hubby missed out, the couples massage deal was the most un romantic experience I have had, why didn't they do it in the Santuary?

Enjoyed the shows, although it was always a mad dash to get there after dinner.

Never had the chance to sit and enjoy a coffee at the coffee/cake area, as other passangers would plant them selves there for the day, reading, playing cards anything but drinking coffee, the whole ship seemed tired and worn out, cleaning of decks was done in the mornings so decks were closed, hello>> could the cleaning not be done at night????

Forget buying any duty free bottles on board even if they say 60% off, Dan Murphy's is cheaper..

We were lucky to have good dinner guest, but did encounter many pushy and angry fellow guest on our travels through out the ship, do people leave there manners behind when on holiday?

We gave up on the buffet in the Horizons as #1 the room was so hot, it was like a cafeteria and #2 the aggressive fellow passengers, it is a buffet people more food will come!!!

The tours in Fiji ( Fire walking) was a joke, the buses, were old dirty local buses, the tour guide, spent the whole time talking to the driver, who had a lead foot, when anyone did ask a question," June" the guide would laugh and then go back to talking to the driver, again this tour was not cheap.

The staff were very good, and always polite apart from the male crew member working at the gift shop, and $29.00 for eye drops... really, we are talking about $8.00 Visine.

I don't think it is worth paying the amount we did for our Mini suite, no value for money, it is like paying for business class and getting economy .

We did this cruise to see if we could handle there 102 day cruise, I don't thinks so, not on Princess cruise.

Will take my business and money to a ship that values its guest and gives you value for the money you spend. Very dissappointed, and I really think the American owners are taking us Australian for a joke, never again.....

Publication Date: 02/26/12