Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by Optima7

Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: C3
Public Rooms 5+

Very Good Experience
While you can tell the ship is not new (worn varnish on railings, etc.) the ship is beautifully refurbished, although the work is still underway. Our CC cabin is well designed with ample storage. We never felt cramped but only one person at a time can pas between the rounded end of the bed and the wall. Speaking of the bed makes me sleepy. It is new and very, very comfortable. The deck furniture is new (semi-reclining chairs) but the couch is not. Our cabin service was excellent while the steward and assistant were incredibly helpful and friendly. Instead of the hors d' oeuvres they brought a fresh fruit and cheese tray every afternoon and even found a corkscrew and wine glasses for us to use.

The food on board is quite good. I am retired from the wine business and am a veteran of fine restaurant and not so fine banquet dining around the world. You can have a good and healthy meal for breakfast and lunch in the buffet restaurant.

Evening dining in the main restaurant is not exciting but the quality and variety are quite good. I particularly liked the lamb shank.

I encourage you to try Qsine. This is a fun experience for a group of four or more. Indeed the emphasis is on fun. Creative menus,inventive presentations and a charmingly engaging staff can give you a refreshing end to a day of vigorous sightseeing on one of the beautiful islands. Our long list of entrees made for enjoyable eating and sharing. By mutual desperation we un-ordered our last two entrees. My group had developed fear of death by over eating. Our waiter pretended to bring the tacos from our original order ostensibly because the chef had received our change-order too late. After listening to dismayed protests from us with a perfect deadpan expression he opened our serving dish to reveal the desert menus. A good laugh was exactly what we needed in order to gain the courage to face the desert menus. I do not know what the other members of my party ordered since I engaged in eating one of the best deserts ever. It was a foot long chocolate concoction that gave new meaning to the old phrase "Death by Chocolate". If you like chocolate order it. If, like me, you are a chocoholic then heaven awaits you.

If you like beer definitely try the new beer bar, especially the free tasting on the first day and the occasional discount hours. For exercise use the full size basketball court on the top deck. I recommend the comfortable two story library with an extensive eclectic collection. Internet service is slow and therefore kind of expensive. If you like silly fluff drinks try the ice bar, literally an ice covered bar. The absolute best value on the wine list is the Catena Zapata Malbec at $36.

I could write more but I am tired of writing. I will attempt to describe our enjoyable island experiences later. We thoroughly enjoyed our cruise.

Publication Date: 02/26/12