Carnival Valor Cruise Review by CanCruiser68

Cruise Date: February 2012
Cabin Category: 4E
Dining 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Carnival Valor great cruise but ship design not great
Overall we have nothing but great things to say about Carnival. This was our third cruise, and the first with Carnival and we were extremely happy with the service and the food. The itinerary was good in that it was just long enough to please me and not too long for my husband.

My hard to please husband was leery to try cruising after our last disaster with another company. Lets just say he too was very pleased with the service and food. We particularly enjoyed the lunch and dinner, with all of the options available in Rosie's Cafe. My husband and I opted out of the dining room this time, but the relaxed buffet setting suited us just fine. It was very busy on the first day leaving port, which didn't surprise us, but we were very surprised at how busy it was on formal night. Note: usually formal nights are the two nights at sea, but the second formal night coincided with the day in Ocho Rios, so many weren't prepared for this. It was obvious when many opted to go formal on the last night at sea, which isn't formal!

The only disappointment with the food was that breakfast did not include soft cooked eggs. Apart from that, it was all very good with a great selection. Be sure to try the chocolate buffet on the last day at sea at Rosie's, it includes a chocolate fountain.

The service was great in all aspects. Everyone was polite, friendly and helpful and quick to please. The ship was clean and well kept. Our room was located on a floor between other sleeping levels, with neighbors on one side only so it was pretty quiet for the most part, with some rattling when the engines started up.

Our only beef is that it is difficult to get from one end of the ship to the other. The two main dining rooms take up most of the public levels on levels 3 and 4, so I found myself having to use level 5 Promenade or level 9 Lido to get from one end to the other. I found the library particularly hard to find.

Other than that, we were suitably entertained and thoroughly enjoyed our selves.

The Valor crew should be very proud of themselves as their professionalism is above par and it was always presented with a smile.

Many thanks!