“Fabulous Family Cruise”

Member Since 2009
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I appreciate all the reviews on Cruise Critic and so here is mine. We just got back from the Carnival Inspiration 2/20- 2/24. Took my daughter 12 and her friend. Trip started out rocky when Southwest lost my suitcase when the flight attendant checked my bag at the gate because it was a little too big for carry-on. Piece of advice - either bring a small carry-on - check SW website or check your luggage. Make sure that even your carry-on has id on and in the suitcase - mine didn't. If you are one of the last people on the plane, you might have to give your suitcase to the flight attendant - so make sure you get tag, double check that the flight attendant has put a tag on it, and make sure your suitcase has id - nothing like going on a cruise with no clothes. Southwest did not find my bag the whole time we were gone - Carnival was great about checking with them throughout the cruise and Carnival gave me a free toiletry kit, T-shirt, and 20% off in the ships stores. Southwest also gave me up to $500 to spend in Catalina - which doesn't go far in Catalina - I did find a great store - Avalon Bay Company - 407 Crescent Street - to the right of the pier - had cute - non "touristy" clothes - Maria very helpful. SHIP - Room M191 - state attendant great - tried to get a balcony but I think they only have 40 on board - next time would book a room on the even side of the ship - then would have views of Catalina and Ensenada. Rooms are tiny - not good for more than 2 - squishy with 3. Food excellent -had early seating with other families traveling with children - have to try the warm chocolate melting cake - yum! Kids club great - Club O - for 12 - 14 year olds very fun for my girls. Shows - excellent. Comedy - fantastic - especially adult only comedy - so funny! Guest services incredibly nice and helpful. People on the ship- very nice - mostly families - probably half of ship kids - very different than previous Carnival Cruises - where everyone was drunk. CATALINA - Book all excursions off ship if possible. Snorkeled with Catalina dive shop - unfortunately had to get excursion through ship because they had an deal with the ship $50 per person - nice people - problem with wetsuits - hard to put on without zippers - water only 55 degrees and a little hard to get in water at Lovers Point - heard that fish were beautiful - I bailed out of going - just too cold. I recommend to snorkel when it gets warmer. Parasailing - Island Water Charters Parasailing - $65 per person - great - very nice people - book right when get off tender - tandem sailing - very safe and fun! ENSENADA - A MUST MUST MUST DO - Las Canadas Zipline - 40 minute drive - go into town to take taxi - don't take small buses from port - double the price - unfortunately I didn't know - should only cost about $40 round trip - driver will stay while you zipline. Course at least 6 different lines - obstacle course - guides very nice and patient - one in front of group and one at the end - very safe - not crowded now - will be in summer - 400 zipliners a day. Price only $25 for 2 - I gave the guides each a $20 tip because they handled screaming girls very well. Highlight - planks in air that you jump to - if too scared you can also walk around that section. Beautiful scenery - worth the drive - on the way back to the ship we had our driver take up to the blow hole. Better to see Blow Hole in the morning - not good in the afternoon - shopping great - 2 blocks of vendors - cash only - lots of bargaining - great deals - a little aggressive. Best Guacamole in Havana Banana's restaurant - if you just go to blow hole - don't take tour through ship - just have taxi in town take you - I think round trip about $30. I hope that this review helps - so much fun!
Carnival Inspiration Cruises to the Mexican Riviera

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Inspiration Review
Carnival Inspiration Cruises to the Mexican Riviera
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?