Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by singemi43

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by singemi43
Celebrity Silhouette
Celebrity Silhouette
Member Name: singemi43
Cruise Date: February 2012
Embarkation: other
Cabin Category: C3
See More About: Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+
Rates 5+

Eastern Caribean
My first time sailing with Celebrity and I can enjoyable state that this is a class cruise line. My recent other sailings where with NCL and Royal Caribbean. Carnival was well over 10 years ago, so I will not use that line to do comparisons.

Celebrity Silhouette a beautiful ship and with a exemplary crew. The service is excellent, food and entertainment very good. By far this is the best cruise I have experienced. The crew and service far exceeded my experience with NCL and Royal Caribbean.

Cabin - We had the Balcony Stateroom on C3 - I noticed a lot of complaints about storage space, not for your clothes and accessories, but for you luggage, yep that can be a problem. I also read reviews complaining of the over head storage above the bed, I am 5' 6" I did not have an issue putting "stuff" in the over head. Cabin Stewards where OUTSTANDING!

Food - We ate at the buffet most of the time. Food was good to very good. Sushi a major disappointment. We did try the MDR a few times for evening meal, the service was OUTSTANDING, entrees (I had fish) very good. Appetizers, not so great. Note: The MDR has two sided menu, standard selection (same throughout the cruise) and a selection that changes each day. We did not eat at any of the specialty restaurants.

Entertainment - Very good, the Celebrity cast where very good, very entertaining. Comedians, my wife liked them, not me. Solo entertainers where also very good.

Activities - More than you can imagine, plenty to do for everyone.

Friendliness and Professionalism of the Crew - Excellent, Outstanding - Something I did not experience on NCL or Royal Caribbean

On Board Shops - Be patient, lot of bargains toward the end of cruise. Bought some nice "stuff" for 50% off on the last couple of days of the cruise.

Casino - Nice environment - My wife made her nightly donation via the slots.

Overall - Best ship and cruise line I have traveled with.

Publication Date: 02/26/12