Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by singemi43: Eastern Caribean

Compare Prices on Celebrity Silhouette Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Eastern Caribean

Sail Date: February 2012
Embarkation: Other

My first time sailing with Celebrity and I can enjoyable state that this is a class cruise line. My recent other sailings where with NCL and Royal Caribbean. Carnival was well over 10 years ago, so I will not use that line to do comparisons.

Celebrity Silhouette a beautiful ship and with a exemplary crew. The service is excellent, food and entertainment very good. By far this is the best cruise I have experienced. The crew and service far exceeded my experience with NCL and Royal Caribbean.

Cabin - We had the Balcony Stateroom on C3 - I noticed a lot of complaints about storage space, not for your clothes and accessories, but for you luggage, yep that can be a problem. I also read reviews complaining of the over head storage above the bed, I am 5' 6" I did not have an issue putting "stuff" in the over head. Cabin Stewards where OUTSTANDING!

Food - We ate at the buffet most of the time. Food was good to very good. Sushi a major disappointment. We More did try the MDR a few times for evening meal, the service was OUTSTANDING, entrees (I had fish) very good. Appetizers, not so great. Note: The MDR has two sided menu, standard selection (same throughout the cruise) and a selection that changes each day. We did not eat at any of the specialty restaurants.Entertainment - Very good, the Celebrity cast where very good, very entertaining. Comedians, my wife liked them, not me. Solo entertainers where also very good.

Activities - More than you can imagine, plenty to do for everyone.

Friendliness and Professionalism of the Crew - Excellent, Outstanding - Something I did not experience on NCL or Royal Caribbean

On Board Shops - Be patient, lot of bargains toward the end of cruise. Bought some nice "stuff" for 50% off on the last couple of days of the cruise.

Casino - Nice environment - My wife made her nightly donation via the slots.

Overall - Best ship and cruise line I have traveled with. Less

Read more Celebrity Silhouette cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Silhouette Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Silhouette Concierge Class Panorama Deck (9) 1255

Balcony Stateroom - C3 1. After you empty your suitcases, very little area to store your empty suitcases. 2. Beds are great, very comfortable 3. Bathroom is very good, shower was OK for my wife and I because we are both short, but for a person 6 foot or taller the shower could be frustrating 4. Balcony was great, just the perfect size. 5. Cabin Stewards Service - OUTSTANDING! the best I have every experienced.

This is a dump, open drainage for the roads, stinks like cat piss. Did not take a land tour, may have good beaches. My wife and I walked around the main town area for about 5 minutes then hi-tailed back to the ship and enjoyed the empty pool.
Read 799 Antigua Reviews

If you wander in the town error be ready for some foul smelling aromas. Drainage for the roads is open, it stinks. Here again, go to a beach or stay on board

Took a Safari jeep tour of the island, then a hike in the rain forest. Final trip to some dumpy beach. The jeep tour was a thrill ride and the hike in the rain forest was interesting. The jeep tour took about 30 minutes from the pier to the rain forest and the scenery was not what I expected. Lot of poverty, and run down homes. When we cruised in the center of town the tour guide explained that the masses of Women and Children near the Catholic Church where waiting for food trucks to arrive. St Lucia. I was lead to believe, was mentioned as being the "Jewel" of the Caribbean, It may be on the other side of the Island (Pitons), not in Castries. I am sure it has better beaches than the one the tour took my wife and I too.

This is the true "Jewel" of the Caribbean. My wife and I only explored the Dutch side (That is where the ship docks). The island is spotless. Just one mile from the pier is the boardwalk that is outstanding, has a great beach, good bars, restaurants, bands etc. Souvenirs prices, in my opinion, where the best bargains of all the islands. You can get a water taxi from the pier (ship is docked)to down town area (Boardwalk). Get the $6 all day fare. I loved this Island.

St Thomas is boring if you only going to go to "down town" and shop. Strongly suggest you take a land excursion to St John or stay on board and enjoy the solitude and empty pool.
Read 2321 St. Thomas Reviews