Thomson Dream Cruise Review by marlene caskey: Thomson Dream -more like a nightmare

marlene caskey
0 Post

Thomson Dream -more like a nightmare

Sail Date: December 2011
Embarkation: Barcelona

We arrived at birmingham airport to be told there was a problem with the plane and we would be delayed by 24 hours. We were left at the airport for most of the day with no updates until eventually being transferred to the airport hotel for the night, where we were given a revised itinerary. The following morning we were taken back to the airport to face a further delay because they hadn't put enough fuel in the plane to get us to our destination. We were taken to Curacao where we were again put into a hotel to await the arrival of the ship which had sailed from Barbados the previous day. 53 hours late we finally joined the cruise.

The ship was a huge disappointment. The smell of wet carpets and sewage was very strong in most of the public areas. Our cabin was a little on the compact side,but comfortable and clean enough. We only tried the restaurant once - never again. The food was cold,almost inedible and took so long to arrive we gave up. The rest of the shortened More trip we ate in the Lido - the food was OK but I had gone on a cruise - I expected to be served my meals not to have to serve myself.
The days spent at sea were a nightmare. The ships maintenance crew found it necessary to carry out painting jobs during this time so all we could smell was paint fumes - still it did mask the wet carpet & sewage smells inside the ship. The old practice of sunbed hogging was in evidence, despite claims from the staff that it was not tolerated - oh yes it was big style! The entertainment was mediocre and tired.

I and other passengers voiced our concerns to the staff who were plainly not interested. We were all presented with a cruise review questionnaire to complete but the manner of the staff gave the impression that any negative comments received would be discarded before reaching port.

Considering the cost of this cruise and the special time of year it was held I was sadly disappointed. We didn't want to be in hotels,we expected to be having the cruise of our dreams but we didn't. None of the staff onboard ship could care less and I have received the same level of customer service from the after cruise team at Thomson.I will take a cruise again but NEVER with Thomson. Less

Read more Thomson Dream cruise reviews >>