Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by SailingVol

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by SailingVol
Freedom of the Seas
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

A Great Honeymoon at Sea
My husband and I chose to spend our honeymoon aboard the Freedom of the Seas. We were a little worried that the ship would be over run with kids, but we quickly found out we couldn't find them anywhere! I was very impressed at Royal Caribbean's attention to keeping kids occupied. We spent most of our time at the adult's only pool which was extremely relaxing. The food was fantastic and we treated ourselves to a specialty dining at Chops which was absolutely superb. The one meal we had a problem with was the night they served "beef stroganoff." Do not be fooled! This was sauteed beef over rice! Our waiter apparently knew this was not a hot item as when he came to check on us after we received our "stroganoff" he already had a cart full of entrees for us to pick from. Never doubt the intuition of cruise waiters!

I was treated to an AMAZING massage in the spa. Hands down, no pun intended, one of the best massages I have ever received.

All three ports, Coco Cay, St. Thomas and St. Maarten were lovely. I've been to the Caribbean many times, so nothing over the top was expected. We took the Turtle Cove Sail n Snorkel excursion in St. Thomas. This is advertised to be aboard a pirate ship, and unless you consider a catamaran name "Jolly Mon" a pirate ship, do not be deceived! Many people on our excursion were also not happy at the false advertisement of this excursion. Also, the snorkel equipment was sub par. I had to constantly fix my snorkel gear, but all in all, I did see the turtles we traveled to see.

We love, love, loved all the Dreamworks characters aboard the ship! We are kids at heart, and loved their appearances and big parade at the end of the week. We also loved the different lounges spread out throughout the ship. Our favorite was Vintages wine bar. We also loved the British Invasion street party! We even worked in a meal at Johnny Rocket's when it wasn't packed! We came back to the ship from St. Maarten a few hours before sail away and headed over to find the restaurant deserted! Even better, the service was impeccable since we were the only ones there!

For you honeymooners out there, we did feel special once on board. There is a honeymooner's event on the first formal night. There is cake, dancing, champagne and door prizes. This gal even won! Very generous gifts too! There was a sign on our door, and everyone who walked by made sure to tell us congratulations. Our room steward was a doll and made sure to call us "bride and groom." :)

Finally, Embarkation and Debarkation were a breeze. We are Platinum members, so we were able to utilize the express embarkation line, and we were some of the first off the ship, so debarkation couldn't be easier!

All in all it was a great cruise! I would recommend Freedom to any type of cruiser.

Publication Date: 02/26/12