Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by Harley Granny

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by Harley Granny
Carnival Fascination
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 8A
Cabin Number: m257

Stan beat Cancer Cruise
Wow where to start....we took this cruise to celebrate and recoup from the very stressful year of Stan beating Cancer.

I'm not a cruise-line cheerleader, I'm more interested in what kind of trip that we need at that time.

We picked this cruise because of timing, length, departure port (had friends drop us off) and ports..Stan had never been to the Bahamas so wallah! Decision made.

I read the many reviews about Carnival, and after being on RCCL and Celebrity I admit I was a bit apprehension of being in the middle of a frat party.

I am so glad I was worried for nothing and so very wrong!!

We loved this ship, we loved our cabin, we loved the entire atmosphere. The only thing we weren't overly impressed with was the food at the buffet. Lord knows we didn't starve because there were plenty of other options. The pizza and grilled sandwiches were extremely good. I heard no complaints for the food in the main dining room either....the warm melting chocolate cake was a big hit!

We hit the lottery of table mates assigned to dine with us. What a great bunch of people. After the 1st night we felt like we were cruising with 2000 of our best friends.

Cons...didn't like the beds...kinda felt like a pullout couch with that annoying bar? Pillows were great and our cabin steward made the BEST towel animals. He took great care of us and properly ignored the run-runners that sat in plain sight on the counter the entire trip.

Bottom line...we boarded this ship haggard and pale, and disembarked (sadly) refreshed and full of energy.

Great job Carnival...you have a fan for life here!

Publication Date: 02/26/12