Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by walkman6: Enjoyable Caribbean Cruise

Compare Prices on Enchantment of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Enjoyable Caribbean Cruise

Sail Date: January 2012
Embarkation: Baltimore

It was a pleasure to sail from Baltimore. We boarded the bus in our community and were at the port in just over an hour. The embarkation process was painless, we were on the ship with about 30 minutes.

The Enchantment is an older ship that is heading in for refurbishment next December, however I was pleasantly surprised by the look of most of the ship. The public spaces looked great, highlighted by its impressive Centrum Atrium area. Our balcony cabin was comfortable and a nice size, but could use some sprucing up. I was impressed by the available storage space. Very efficient use of all the nooks and crannies. It has a very nice pool area with plenty of seating and indoor Solarium pool (adults only) is very nice for finding some quiet time to read, etc.

I was very impressed with the service an the ship. The cabin stewards and particularly our dining staff were just great. Really the whole staff did there best to provide the level of service you hope for, but don't More always get.

The only disappointment I had on the cruise was the food in the MDR. Breakfast and lunch were just fine in the Windjammer, but dinners in the Dining Room were mediocre at best. Very bland and unimaginative. Even the desserts, although nice to look at, lacked something. My favorites like creme brulee tasted like instant pudding.

Entertainment was first rate. We saw all the shows and were very impressed with the talents of the ships' singers and dancers.The headliners were all good yo excellent. The biggest issue was the lack of seating for the second shows. You had to get in your seats 45 min. early to get a seat. The issue was brought up to the Cruise Director who said they hope to have a fix with the refurb.

Overall I was pleasantly surprised by the Enchantment. I was expecting a run down ship just waiting for its makeover, instead we enjoyed a lively environment, excellent service and entertainment. If she gets some dining improvements along with her makeover she'll be a a great ship. Less

Read more Enchantment of the Seas cruise reviews >>