Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by Nascar21n8: First time cruise

Compare Prices on Carnival Paradise Eastern Caribbean Cruises

First time cruise

Sail Date: February 2011
Embarkation: Tampa

The cruise was fun. There really is no down time if you're willing to participate in many activities. You do need to get to activities early to get seats or tables. We arrived to the deck party 1 hr early and got the last table. We arrived to a few shows 45 min early to limited seating. The cruise over all was nice.

The boat is small and from what I heard a little outdated. I did not find issues there but I guess I am happier to be away and with good company. The ship just came out of dry dock but the upgrades are not really noticeable it was a few carpets and the outside painting, redid the ships name on the boat things like that. The crew on this ship is friendly and more then helpful. Don't be shy participate in all events. You will never see these people again. Try new foods. If you don't like your meal don't be afraid to say I don't like this I want this. They are more than happy to accommodate you and get it for you anything order two starter if you wasn't More to try two my son did the skinny minny he is tried all types of seafood he normally would never have tried. The wait staff is great all of them.

The pool is always crowded on these size ships if you're going to sit by the pool be early after 10 Am it's pretty filled. We are booking a cruise Feb of next year on the new ship the Breeze. I will say this if you have children ages 10 to 17 this cruise is perfect. We have kids 12, 14, 16 and 17 between two families we really did not see much of them they had events up till midnight or later parties and stuff for the kids it was great! So the kids on days we are not in port will be busy all day! We did a dolphin swim and stingray Island kids loved it swimming with the dolphins was fun in Grand Caymans and Cozumel we did a party boat reef swim with Fury and was fun. Both were fun and a good time I think I would opt for a different event Cozumel next time this was great to do once, so do it if you're looking for a party event but if you looking for laid back try another event. Over all was fun and can't wait for my next cruise.

My main down was we left port 2 and a half hrs late and that made for no fun we were in dinner missed the sail away and that was a bummer we had 6 Pm dinning set sail at 6:30 for being our first cruise we missed out there and Carnival needs to remember that and work on leaving on time 30 min to 1 hr late ok but 2 and 1/2 half hrs makes for a lot of people to miss the fun in set sail! My only other issue I found was an elevator was down making for issues for the elder and people with small children this was one of the glass elevators down the whole cruise. The kids really enjoy the events especially the picture taking at night. The deck part was a blast they should have a few of them throughout the cruise different times of the day it's a crowded event. Also we bought the CD don't waste your money what you see on the TV is it so if you see it on the TV why purchase it?

Over all it was fun and exciting and a good event a few mishaps but some Carnival could have fixed. We watched the packing and loading from our balconies and well a lot of talking and standing around the forklifts. Did the stay and sail Holiday inn express and that was perfect. Less

Read more Carnival Paradise cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Paradise Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Paradise Suite Upper U90

great room, hallway very quiet, a few spots on carpets but over all very nice and accommodating cabin U90 and U88 The closets was a plus and very roomy overall. balcony was a plus and wonderful especially for some down time and just to get away.

Catamaran tour

(5.5)
Fury Catamaran event was fun the reef swim was fun. The music flowed and the private beach was clean and fun. We were on number Fury 5 and the captain and crew was great a must do once event for all if you like fun, sun and clean good fun. Lunch at three amigos was a lot of fun!

Snorkeling

(4)
Was great a lot of fun. needs more then one cameraman. We could not get a picture because the man was on one side and my family went to the other. We purchased the on board picture but later found out there was under water photos and my family was not on the right side they were on the left side the camera man was only on the right side of the snorkeling area. Other then that this was perfect.

Dolphin Swim

(5.5)
Was so clean and great Captain Don who did the small tour of sea life before the dolphin swim was great? The dolphin swim was great and fun. The facility for the dolphin swim was clean and great a lot of fun! A must do !!!!! Cant brag enough this was clean, nice and great. pictures were a little over priced but that's to be expected the staff was great friendly and clean place. Really a must do swim with the dolphins. Captain Don who showed the sea life and the 6 pointed starfish was great with the kids and knew his stuff he really did well in the aquarium with the guests!!!!

Stingray Swim

(3)
A little crowded on the boat. They also did not tell the people who sat up on the front of the boat they would get soaked and there were no seats underneath. Most of the people on top of the boat were observers not getting wet in the Ocean so it was a cool colder day for them and made for not so much fun they did pay to ride the boat so they were not happy campers. i understand its a boat but it would have been nice to have been told this and room made for the 9 people on top sneakers on most were soaked. This was not a good experience for those people! Once the boat was moving it was not safe for them to walk down the side and try to get below. The stingray part was fun but overcrowded and 3 handlers in the water to the 50 plus people did not give for good quality time. If you had a handler for 1 min each person you were lucky.