Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by Nascar21n8

Cruise Date: February 2011
Embarkation: Tampa
Cabin Category: GS
Cabin Number: U90
See More About: Carnival Paradise Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+
        13-15 2.0
        16+ 2.0

First time cruise
The cruise was fun. There really is no down time if you're willing to participate in many activities. You do need to get to activities early to get seats or tables. We arrived to the deck party 1 hr early and got the last table. We arrived to a few shows 45 min early to limited seating. The cruise over all was nice.

The boat is small and from what I heard a little outdated. I did not find issues there but I guess I am happier to be away and with good company. The ship just came out of dry dock but the upgrades are not really noticeable it was a few carpets and the outside painting, redid the ships name on the boat things like that. The crew on this ship is friendly and more then helpful. Don't be shy participate in all events. You will never see these people again. Try new foods. If you don't like your meal don't be afraid to say I don't like this I want this. They are more than happy to accommodate you and get it for you anything order two starter if you wasn't to try two my son did the skinny minny he is tried all types of seafood he normally would never have tried. The wait staff is great all of them.

The pool is always crowded on these size ships if you're going to sit by the pool be early after 10 Am it's pretty filled. We are booking a cruise Feb of next year on the new ship the Breeze. I will say this if you have children ages 10 to 17 this cruise is perfect. We have kids 12, 14, 16 and 17 between two families we really did not see much of them they had events up till midnight or later parties and stuff for the kids it was great! So the kids on days we are not in port will be busy all day! We did a dolphin swim and stingray Island kids loved it swimming with the dolphins was fun in Grand Caymans and Cozumel we did a party boat reef swim with Fury and was fun. Both were fun and a good time I think I would opt for a different event Cozumel next time this was great to do once, so do it if you're looking for a party event but if you looking for laid back try another event. Over all was fun and can't wait for my next cruise.

My main down was we left port 2 and a half hrs late and that made for no fun we were in dinner missed the sail away and that was a bummer we had 6 Pm dinning set sail at 6:30 for being our first cruise we missed out there and Carnival needs to remember that and work on leaving on time 30 min to 1 hr late ok but 2 and 1/2 half hrs makes for a lot of people to miss the fun in set sail! My only other issue I found was an elevator was down making for issues for the elder and people with small children this was one of the glass elevators down the whole cruise. The kids really enjoy the events especially the picture taking at night. The deck part was a blast they should have a few of them throughout the cruise different times of the day it's a crowded event. Also we bought the CD don't waste your money what you see on the TV is it so if you see it on the TV why purchase it?

Over all it was fun and exciting and a good event a few mishaps but some Carnival could have fixed. We watched the packing and loading from our balconies and well a lot of talking and standing around the forklifts. Did the stay and sail Holiday inn express and that was perfect.

Publication Date: 02/25/12