Carnival Magic Cruise Review by Ivansmom02: Everything I expected and MORE!

Ivansmom02
Member Since 2011

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Magic Western Caribbean Cruises

Everything I expected and MORE!

Sail Date: January 2012
Embarkation: Galveston

My family and I arrived in Galveston on Saturday the 21st of January. Sunday morning, it was really foggy, so we figured there would be delays. We rode down to the pier and the Magic was yet to pull into port. I started getting emails from Carnival about the fog delay. We were bummed, but we patiently waited, as Carnival had informed us that we'd have to wait until 4 pm to start boarding. We met up with other family members, and around 2:30, got in line for parking at EZ Cruise parking. That took about an hour or so, but we finally ended up inside the terminal at around 5ish. It was pure chaos! We were given a zone number, ours was 35. They were on zone 28 at that time. To make a long story short, because of the delay, they were extremely behind. The check in process was a breeze, once we got called, but it was almost 8 by the time we finally boarded. By that time we were tired, hungry and just ready to relax. But of course, we had to do the muster drill BEFORE leaving so that More dampened our mood. Then we were told that we weren't going to be able to leave until Monday mornng b/c the fog was rolling back in. That really had me bummed out! We made our way to the Southern Lights dining room, only to be told that they weren't opening the dining room because of the delay! That wasn't in any way our faults, and now we had to go upstairs to the Lido deck for the buffet, which was also where EVERYONE else on the boat was going. IT was a madhouse, and by the time we sat down, we were all just exhausted and aggravated. Not a good first day!!! But, at 3:45 am, while we were all asleep, we finally started our voyage! We were on our way!

The cruise was awesome. We always had things to do, lots of activities to choose from, and we were never board. My son had a blast at Camp Carnival. He's 9 years old. The water in the pools and waterworks was a little cold, but that was to be expected. The ropes course was something we wanted to try but it was closed the majority of the time b/c of high winds.
All of the crew members we encountered were extremely nice. I never had a problem with anyone having an attitude or acting like they just didn't want to help. The only person I thought had a smug attitude was someone at the Guest Services desk, but other than that, everyone was GREAT! We had James as our Cruise Director, John was out of town, and he was amazing!!! I hope we have him next time as well.

The food was pretty good. Our wait staff was Pedro, D and J and we LOVE THEM!!!! Did an awesome job!

The shows and music were outstanding! We were not ready to get off this ship when it was time. We are going back next March and cannot wait!!!!

ALL IN ALL, AMAZING VACATION!!!!!! The Magic is the BEST! Less

Read more Carnival Magic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Magic Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Magic Balcony Upper 6372

ample room, close to elevators, not too noisy at all, despite other reviews I read about rooms on deck 6!!

Dolphin Swim & Encounter

(5.5)
Dolphin Push, Pull and Swim at Chankanaab park. Had an amazing time. Finding our excursion guide, getting us there, and getting back to port was very simple and were very nice guides. The shopping in Cozumel is lots of fun b/c it's so cheap and there's so many shops to look at! Ate at 3 Amigos, had a blast there!!!!

We took a taxi to Seven Mile Beach....by far, my favorite beach in the entire world!! Beautiful water, white powdery sand, and very friendly staff at the Royal Palms.

We did the hop on/hop off shuttle pass and it was very easy to find, very easy to use and had no trouble at all. The driver was hilarious and had us laughing the entire trip. Doc Cave's beach is beautiful, but a little crowded. Margaritaville was soooooooo fun!! You have to do the slide that goes down into the ocean!! Very fast paced island, but they're a very happy people.