Emerald Princess 3

“Princess Cruises ”
Cruise review of Emerald Princess

Cyprus2

Overall Member Rating

We travelled to Miami for our latest Princess Cruise Our overnight stay was the Intercontinental Miami which we found delightful, having both an evening meal and breakfast in their main resturant,the staff were helpful and polite, both my husband and I enjoyed the short stay. Embarkation was simple and efficient as always with Princess. Our cabin 631 deck 10 is a cabin I could recommend as the balcony was excellent having room for not only two loungers but also a table and two chairs!

I feel I must complain about the safety drill held on the day we left Port Everglades it was a shambles and the worst I have encountered in twelve cruises! I would have thought after recent events in Europe it would have been taken more seriously by staff!

The itinerary for this cruise was excellent and we enjoyed the ports of call, Princess Cays was beautiful and a lunch was provided on the beach served by ships staff. St Thomas is a delightful port of call and Magden's Beach a More wonderful place to spend an afternoon, it is truly one of the 10 most beautiful beaches in the world!

The Emerald Princess is a delightful ship its standard of food excellent. We dined most evenings in the Davinci dining room and the waiters were polite friendly and knowledgeable, though the lack of a Sommelier was notable and simply a cut back on behalf of Princess.

Entertainment we found poor especially the theatre shows which have been cut to thirty minutes this simply does not work, we actually spent more time waiting in line than we did sitting watching many of the shows, which were at best second rate!

Disembarkation day for us was a nightmare, when travelling from America to the U.K. other cruise lines include a day spent in a hotel which gives one time to

relax,shower etc., before a long journey home. On this occasion Princess included a trip to Dolphin Mall! This is not what the majority of travellers would want or expect before a nine hour plane journey,this again is simply a money saving option on behalf of Princess!

Will I travel with Princess again maybe not when other cruise lines such as Royal Caribbean and Celebrity supply a much better product. Less

Emerald Princess Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: January 2012
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

BC631
Cabin 631 deck 10 Balcony Cabin. Excellent Balcony! We had two loungers a table and two chairs on this balcony.

Beach Break

Excellent guide enjoyable experience

Beach Break

Magden's Bay is as beautiful as they say one of the most 10 most beautiful beaches in the world not to be missed

Published 02/25/12

Read Cruise Critic's Emerald Princess Review

Emerald Princess Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?