Carnival Valor - Eastern Caribbean Feb 2012: Carnival Valor Cruise Review by blurayguy
Overall Member Rating
Carnival Valor - Eastern Caribbean Feb 2012
Destination: Eastern Caribbean
1. Overall service was as good as Princess and in some cases (dining room) slightly better than Princess (this was a big surprise for us)
2. Shows were more entertaining
3. Cabin service, i.e room cleaning was excellent and food deliveries were good (except sometimes our breakfast orders were missing items)
4. Passengers tended to leave garbage and dirty dishes all over the ship and in the strangest places (next to the outdoor jogging track). Noticeable early in the morning despite the crew doing its best to cleanup overnight.
5. Areas that allow smoking have been reduced, particularly the cabins More but is still allowed on the balconys. More than once we were forced back into our cabin due to neighbours smoking on their balconys. Its high time they banned smoking outright everywhere on all ships.
6. Like using the service kiosks to check up on ship charges instead of lining up at guest services
7. balcony cabins seemed slightly smaller and narrower compared to Princess ships
8. Excursions were fun, particularly the plantation/dolphin cover outing in Ochos Rios, Jamaica...although the plantation portion of the tour was so long that the Dolpin Cove part was cut short. No sooner had we had lunch and were in the water swimming it was time to go back to the ship..
Overall I wouldn't go out of my way to cruise on Carnival again but I wouldn't avoid Carnival. Less
Princess Reunion Cruise
No personal service
Fantastic retirement cruise
GREAT Experience! Loved this c...
Good value for a short cruise