Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by S Popplewell

Cruise Date: February 2012
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Canary Islands
Cabin Category: M1
See More About: Norwegian Jade Cruise Reviews | Canary Islands Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Norwegian Jade - Canary Islands - 9th > 18th February 2012
Again, very 'smooth' boarding and, disembarking!

We enjoyed "The Jade" (but, it was not quite as impressive as "The Dawn"). On the other hand, we did feel that the food was 'superior' - compliments to The Chef and kitchen staff!

Never did we feel 'a need' to pay for the supplementary restaurants. We used the Asian restaurant once, because we love that food, but no way was it 'exceptional'.

If I remember rightly, the 'aft' restaurant on Deck 7 was called "The Grand Pacific Restaurant". The 'left-hand side of the menu changed daily; the right-hand side was static. Often, we were "spoilt for choice"!

We did use the Garden Cafe when the restaurants were not open, (whilst in port). I do have to say, the "Indian buffet food" was superb.

Husband & I were booked into aft cabin 11150 - a mini-suite. Yes! It cost us more, but, was more spacious than the 'mid-cabins' we have booked on previous cruises and, we loved the 'aft' view.

BUT! One very big drawback! - We were immediately below the "Great Outdoors Cafe" and, when their last clients had 'retired', the crew began to 'restore order' and possibly even 'clean' the deck. This occurred around 02:30 hours, with them 'dragging' the tables and chairs into position, BUT, ACROSS OUR 'CEILING'! Totally unacceptable noise!

After several days of suffering 'interrupted' sleep, I did phone down to Customer Services, at 02:30. Consequently, for our last two nights, the problem was 'adressed'. I received a message to 'speak to Customer Services' and did so. Not satisfactory!

(When on the Norwegian Sun - the walking/runnng deck was 'roped off' until 08:00 (if I remember rightly) to avoid the 'pounding feet' affecting the cabins immediately below).

- This time, I was told that 'the remedy' WOULD NOT become 'ship's policy'! I know for 'fact' that one other family complained during this cruise. I really cannot believe that previous passengers have silently accepted this 'state of affairs'.

Norwegian Jade! - you do have to address this problem!

Publication Date: 02/25/12