Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by S Popplewell: Norwegian Jade - Canary Islands - 9th > 18th February 2012

S Popplewell
0 Post

Compare Prices on Norwegian Jade Canary Islands Cruises

Norwegian Jade - Canary Islands - 9th > 18th February 2012

Sail Date: February 2012
Destination: Canary Islands
Embarkation: Barcelona

Again, very 'smooth' boarding and, disembarking!
We enjoyed "The Jade" (but, it was not quite as impressive as "The Dawn"). On the other hand, we did feel that the food was 'superior' - compliments to The Chef and kitchen staff!
Never did we feel 'a need' to pay for the supplementary restaurants. We used the Asian restaurant once, because we love that food, but no way was it 'exceptional'.
If I remember rightly, the 'aft' restaurant on Deck 7 was called "The Grand Pacific Restaurant". The 'left-hand side of the menu changed daily; the right-hand side was static. Often, we were "spoilt for choice"!
We did use the Garden Cafe when the restaurants were not open, (whilst in port). I do have to say, the "Indian buffet food" was superb.
Husband & I were booked into aft cabin 11150 - a mini-suite. Yes! It cost us more, but, was more spacious than the 'mid-cabins' we have booked on previous cruises and, we loved the 'aft' view.
BUT! One very big drawback! - We More were immediately below the "Great Outdoors Cafe" and, when their last clients had 'retired', the crew began to 'restore order' and possibly even 'clean' the deck. This occurred around 02:30 hours, with them 'dragging' the tables and chairs into position, BUT, ACROSS OUR 'CEILING'! Totally unacceptable noise!
After several days of suffering 'interrupted' sleep, I did phone down to Customer Services, at 02:30. Consequently, for our last two nights, the problem was 'adressed'. I received a message to 'speak to Customer Services' and did so. Not satisfactory!
(When on the Norwegian Sun - the walking/runnng deck was 'roped off' until 08:00 (if I remember rightly) to avoid the 'pounding feet' affecting the cabins immediately below).
- This time, I was told that 'the remedy' WOULD NOT become 'ship's policy'! I know for 'fact' that one other family complained during this cruise. I really cannot believe that previous passengers have silently accepted this 'state of affairs'.
Norwegian Jade! - you do have to address this problem! Less

Read more Norwegian Jade cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Jade Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Jade 11150

Cabin 11150. Absolutely loved having an 'aft' cabin. Totally spoilt! We were directly under the "Great Outdoors Cafe". This proved to be extremely 'detrimental'. Approximately 02:30 each morning, we were woken by furnitre being 'dragged across the upper deck' as the crew 'tidied' for morning, ie., 'our ceiling'! Having already booked the same cabin for the 'Greek Islands cruise' for the 1st week of May, - we are NOT HAPPY at the prospect! Longer daylight hours, more use of deck etc.! What have we unwittingly, let ourselves in for!?