Golden Princess Cruise Review by Tinas Coma woman

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Golden Princess Cruise Review by Tinas Coma woman
Golden Princess
Golden Princess
Member Name: Tinas Coma woman
Cruise Date: February 2012
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Hawaii
Cabin Category: BA
Cabin Number: c-614
See More About: Golden Princess Cruise Reviews | Hawaii Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Great days at sea
Loved the 9 days at sea (well the last day was a stop in Ensenada for a few hours but most of the day was at sea.) There was always something to do during the day, many activities offered, and there is always a spot to just get that book out to read. Into reading? Try skywalkers nightclub at the back of the ship. During the day it is quiet, out of the way so most people don't come up and the views are awesome. It also has nice little nooks with comfortable chairs and sofas to curl up to read - or maybe take a nap.

Crew was very friendly, always ready to help. I liked that the selling that goes on aboard the ship was rather low keyed compared to other lines we have sailed on. Food was good, however I did not like the lunch or dinner menu served in the Horizon Court. But there is always pizza, hamburgers, hot dogs and other salads and sandwiches in the International cafe. One does not go hungry. I like the ice cream shop that is open all day rather than for an hour or so a day as I have experienced on other lines. We bought the soda plan and added the new smoothie plan to one of the cards and found that to be a deal. My husband had a number of smoothie drinks a day and one can also have non-alcoholic drinks as well as shakes and malts. Want a relative quiet place to eat outside on deck 14 go to the very back of the ship. Many mornings there was no one there. I appreciated no smoking in cabins, but I did not like that you had to go through the casino to get to the Princess Theater if you accessed it on deck 7 which was almost every day a smoking location. Also on deck 14 one side was for smokers, but when the wind blew in the wrong direction you were overcome by smoke. I hope in the future there can be other locations for smokers to go that would not interfere with people like myself that have health issues with 2nd hand smoke. I recommend having a sweater or a light jacket for the days at sea if you are out on the upper decks or walking deck 7 outside - it can be cool and always windy. Our cabin was comfortable, bed was very comfortable and the closet was huge. We hang almost all our clothes and there was more than adequate space. I did bring extra hangers, however Princess did provide quite a few. We were on the Caribe deck and our balcony was twice the size of the other balconies. One point though was that most of balcony could be viewed by the people on the upper decks but you could sit under the slight overhand to avoid people looking down on you. Loved the cruise, crew was great, food good, Princess gives a good value for the cost and I would recommend this cruise. In fact I am ready to book another one but maybe for March or May. Feb was a great time to see the whales which we did see everyday we were in the islands - this was better than all the other cruises we took to Alaska and Mexico where we also had the chance to see whales. When we stopped in Kaua'i, which was beautiful island to come into, we hopped one of the free shuttles to Walmart to do some shopping. So don't worry if you need that island shirt or dress, or just ran out of something you need - every island had a free shuttle to Walmart or Hilo Hatties for shopping.

Publication Date: 02/25/12