Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by PalmHarborFL

Norwegian Epic
Member Name: PalmHarborFL
Cruise Date: February 2012

First time cruise Epic 2/11/12
This was my first cruise. My Girlfriend has been on many. So she wanted to take me on one of the better ships for my first time.

Our balcony room was fine. ALOT of storage for luggage and clothes.

I read a few reviews before I went on this trip and applied much of that knowledge and observations to my items to pack.

Power Strip. There was a coffee maker and hair dryer in the room. However, if you require more than on item to plug in, bring a power strip.

Night light. The phone in the room gives off enough light at night should you need to get up.

Shower, careful, water can be very hot.

Toilet, whew, turbo flush.

Sink easy and convenient.

Refrigerator. DO NOT OPEN UNLESS YOU WANT TO PAY HIGH PRICES FOR WHAT IS IN THERE. DO NOT EVEN TAKE ANYTHING OUT AND PUT IT BACK IN. YOU WILL BE CHARGED. I read that before we left. We had the steward remove everything from the fridge.

The water was ok to drink. No bad taste. We bought a 6 pack of 1 ltr bottles on board and kept refilling them.

The Staff, friendly, courteous, accommodating.

Food, Excellent. Eating whenever you want is the way to go.

Food, pay for the up charge to go to try the different cuisines. Cagney's, best steak I ever had. I live in Tampa Bay FL. Better than Bern's

The French rest, was right up there also.

Entertainment, Cirque was the best, Blue Man was right up there, Legends was just OK. Murder mystery was done by the Second City Comedy group. More interactive that regular Murder Mysteries. Comedy Club, Second City. Improv, Go to the late show, 11PM. Adult rated.

Gambling, I like to play Texas Hold'em. While they have tournaments and cash play I would not recommend playing. 1) Tournament play, $100, buy in. ONLY $2000 IN CHIPS. Blinds start out at $100 - $200. You can be out in 2 or 3 hands.

Cash play, $2-$4 no limit, $100 buy in. The house rake is 10% to a max of $25 per hand.

I played Black Jack, ended up $150 up for the cruise. 3 or 4 hours of play per night.

Activities, While we didn't participate, there many activities on board for little kids and big kids and adults.

Excursions, we didn't go on any. We have been diving all around the Florida Keys which is some of the best snorkeling and diving anywhere. However, if you are coming from somewhere land locked, you should take a snorkel trip.

Pictures, they have many photographers about the ship all the time. They take your picture and you can review them in an area on Deck 5. When you board and get your Key Card they take your picture. The use facial recognition to match you to the pictures they take. When you insert your key card in the touch screen monitor your pictures come up. Very Cool.

Deck (19) on the Freestyle deck. ADULTS ONLY. Clothing Optional. Yes, total nudity is allowed. Stewards came by often for our drink orders, Security came by twice during the whole cruise.

A great view from there also.

Publication Date: 02/25/12