Norwegian Jade Cruise Review by LisaRP

Cruise Date: January 2012
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Canary Islands
Cabin Category: MA
See More About: Norwegian Jade Cruise Reviews | Canary Islands Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Dining 5+

Not bad,...
This cruise was an early 50th birthday gift from my husband and son. As long as I have sun and a pool to lounge by, I am a happy camper. Unfortunately, unless you are Eastern European or Russian (of which there was a large number onboard) this is not the season.

I felt as if this was my parents' cruise...Sudoku for my father in the morning, bridge in the afternoon for my mom. Anything else cost extra. Added bonus...we were in the 10% of the cruise that was under 65.

For the most part, the food was exceptional. Our only mediocre meal was in the Alizar dining room. Love, love love the lamb shanks and roast chicken in the Grand Pacific. The buffet is extensive, but seating--especially at breakfast--is extremely limited. Find your seat first, otherwise you'll be eating cold food. A glass of wine at the buffet? Surely you jest...that Santa Margherita Pinot Grigio costs more than a whole bottle costs retail.

I enjoyed all the port calls, except for Arecife. We were there on Sunday, and as is typical for this part of the world, most places are closed. If this is a port call for you, I highly recommend booking an expensive excursion or renting a car.

Our stateroom was okay. I loved the old-fashioned steamer look of our Disney cabin more than the tired South Pacific decor on this ship.

We had wonderful service...Paola, Marysel, Gladys and Ferdinand went above and beyond.

Publication Date: 02/25/12