Midnatsol Cruise Review by Wendy Lynn Williams: Reasonable experience

Reasonable experience

Sail Date: February 2012
Destination: Europe - British Isles & Western
Embarkation: Bergen

Overall a good experience for my first cruise however there were some areas which concerned me.

The staff were extremely supportive with a special diet.

The deck near the hot tub became extremely dangerous due to water spilling from the hot tub and freezing. When I informed the staff about this, it was exactly the same later. I had fallen but there was little recognition of the danger.

The singer in the bar was very loud making it impossible to talk to friends without shouting. Some low background music would be good in some areas.

I am not sure whether it was the rudeness of some of the passengers, but some people were made to feel unwelcome in the viewing areas. It appeared to be used as a library rather than a viewing area where friends could meet and discuss the views.

I was extremely disappointed about the lack of opportunity to get off at the Lofoten Islands due to the lateness of our evening meal. I would have thought that the evening More meal could have been brought slightly forward in order that the one hour visit was available to all. Less

Read more Midnatsol cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Midnatsol Review >>

Cabin review: Midnatsol 491

I'm not sure that I would pay the extra for a cabin with a window again as I wasn't in the cabin for long each day. Also, the inside cabin without a window benefits from a television for anyone wanting to catch up with the news etc.

A pleasant opportunity to experience the area.