Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by cruzin_ga_gal

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by cruzin_ga_gal
Serenade of the Seas
Serenade of the Seas
Member Name: cruzin_ga_gal
Cruise Date: January 2012
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: JS
See More About: Serenade of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Serenade of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Serenade of the Seas Deck Plans
Love the Serenade!
We flew into SJU the day of the cruise. We were off the plane at 2pm and checked in and was in our JS by 3pm. Since we were late, there were no lines to check in. Just walked in to the first person in line and got to the ship. It was odd that we had to x-ray our carry on before getting on the ship, and once on board the ship they had another x-ray machine to recheck everyone's hand luggage again. It didn't slow us down any and we were able to go straight to our room.

Since we had first service in MDR, we opted to walk around the ship. As Diamond +, we learned that the concierge lounge was going to have their function at another venue due to capacity of D+ folks so we headed that way for 5. Victor was great and the main bartenders were even greater (wow could they make good drinks). What a great group of D+ we met that week. We had more fun there than anywhere.

MDR left a little to be desired. The food was good but for the first time, I have to say I wasn't impressed with our waiter or head waiter. If it wasn't for the assistant waiter, I would have asked to be changed. The waiter could not get an order correct, and even brought the wrong wine. He head waiter only came back and asked repeatedly, "all okay? all okay?" then rushed away.

The stateroom was big enough for the two of us for a week. The closet was big and a great place to store suitcases. All of our clothes fit either hanging or in the side cubbies. There was plenty of unused drawer space. There is a coffee maker in the room and our attendant was nice enough to give us extra packets for that first cup. We would then call room service to bring a full pot. Rooms service was quick and the coffee was always hot.

The casino, for those that like to gamble, is small. I found this to be one of the smallest of the RCCL ships. I wish that the slot machines would go to a paper (coinless) system. I played one machine that had a slot for the voucher to come out. I went to cash out and out came the quarters. If I had known that I would have had to deal with coins, I wouldn't have played. They do provide the hand wipes at the cashier, but they are behind the counter and you have to ask.

Publication Date: 02/24/12
Read the Southern Caribbean ports review by cruzin_ga_gal
More Serenade of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Serenade of the Seas review Read the next Serenade of the Seas review

More Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews