Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by gracieonthebeach: Equinox disappointing

Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Celebrity Equinox Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Equinox disappointing

Sail Date: February 2012

We just returned from a 10 day cruise on the Equinox. This was our 5th Celebrity cruise, first on Equinox. For a ship this size I was very disappointed with several things. First, I'll give some positive remarks. The embarking and debarking were very well organized, no problem at all. The food in the main dining room was very good and we had exceptional servers, Edgar and Ferdinand. The cabin was okay, just the norm. We are Captain Club members, so we enjoyed the champagne, fruit and extras.
Now, for the negatives. Three nights we were rerouted from the Sky Lounge where an activity was planned for the passengers but upon arrival it was booked for a Greek private party. I can understand one night, but three?? After all we did pay for this cruise also. We were directed to dance in the foyer, which is not a very big dance floor and people were all over the place, in the hall ways, overlooking on the balcony, wishing they could dance but had to watch instead. We and many More others found this rude and unacceptable.
The shows were so so not like on past cruises. Shops seemed rather expensive with some jewelry selling for hundreds and thousands. The casino was as tight as &*%$, really can't put that in words...Many night the casino was almost empty and the card tables were almost begging passengers to play. The seas were very rough the first two days down and the two days returning.
Our cabin was in the front of the ship, first time and last time for that. Felt like I was on a roller coaster. This seemed like a much older crowd, and I'm not young but I still enjoy dancing and shows. The theater was always crowded but then because some of the entertainment was not interesting, people just got up and left on some of the shows. All in all I don't think I will book on this ship again. Less

Read more Celebrity Equinox cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Equinox Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Equinox Concierge Class Panorama Deck (9) 1073

tiny closets, nice but small balcony. Need more space for clothing. Drawers very small and not enough hangers for two people on a ten day cruise. Not fond of the front cabind, very bouncy..

Just walked around. Have been here many times. It is a pretty island to tour
Read 704 Barbados Reviews

Island tour

(5)
Nice driver, good tour of the island

Sulphur Springs

(2)
just okay

Trafalgar Falls

(4)
It was okay. Falls are worth it but sulfur springs not. Nice island, friendly

Nice island, very friendly. Just walked around have been there before

Very pretty, would go back and stay a week. Took the water ferry over to shopping.

Island Tour

(5.5)
Great tour guide and very pretty island. Would like to go back.