Golden Princess Cruise Review by harkers4

Cruise Date: April 2010
Embarkation: Los Angeles
Destination: Hawaii
Cabin Category: BA
See More About: Golden Princess Cruise Reviews | Hawaii Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Entertainment Not Rated
        3-6 4.0
        7-9 4.0
Shore Excursions 5+

Think this is a great family cruise
I always come on here to look at reviews before booking a cruise and it occurred to me that I should contribute to the cause. :) I went on this 2 week cruise with my husband, my two daughters (9) & (6), my mother in law, and 7 of our friends.

This was a great cruise for kids as there was lots of time to relax and just be together as a family before arriving at the islands.

When booking I notified the travel agent of my special diet request which included NO GLUTEN or DAIRY. She informed me I needed to fill out special paper work which I turned in to the cruise line months before sailing. Upon arrival to our first meal it was a bit chaotic and nobody seemed to know what I was talking about. It left me discouraged and embarrassed as they kept asking me the same personal questions over and over in front of our large party. We ended up finding an amazing waiter who found my paper work and went above and beyond to make my meals special at each sitting. I would recommend getting to the ship EARLY and meeting with the head waiter as soon as you get on board. Get it all cleared up before the first dinner.

They ended up having breakfast delivered to my room each morning of the shore excursions so I would have a hot meal before heading out seeing that the buffet's were pretty much a no go.

My kids had a blast although being in kids club made most kids on board sick....not sure why they stick them at the back of the boat in a small space where the motion is unbearable.

We rented a car a drove to black sands beach and the volcano's but did join in the shore excursions to snorkel with the turtles. Well worth the money. We even saw whales up close which my kids entire trip. :)

The ship was clean, easy to get around on and the laundry rooms were a bonus since kids dirty everything in 15 days. Ha!

Balconys were the best part of the room.

Hope this helps someone with kids and/or special diets.

Publication Date: 02/24/12