Disney Magic Cruise Review by lilmar: A nice family vacation

Compare Prices on Disney Magic Eastern Caribbean Cruises

A nice family vacation

Sail Date: February 2011
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

While I very much enjoyed my trip and the weather, I can appreciate a larger ship. A larger ship (which we as a family have been on in the past), affords for more variability in choices from dining (breakfast and lunch), to activities, to shopping.

The kids club had very friendly staff. I am not sure if it was not the right "mix" with my kids and others, or not the right "mix" with the staff (who were nothing but nice--don't get me wrong), but my kids never favored to go to the camp. Quite surprising, as our last cruise (non Disney), they were chomping at the bit to go to the camp. My kids were not kicking and screaming NOT to go, just not favored themselves to go.

The characters were great (and plentiful). Bring an autograph book with you beforehand for the kids to get their signatures.

The meals were decent, a little on the luke warm end, but very tasty. I favored Lumiere's the best. Palo's was FANTASTIC....a must. Our server (Andrea) was fantastic More and attentive in every way!

We chose midship and deck 1 as our youngest (age 5) has a tendency to get motion sick. SHE DID NOT, but i have to say you really feel the boat move (side to side) even on deck 1. It wasn't rough waters either. Something to note. It's because of the size of the ship.

The entertainment was great. Loved the Dream show. Found it to be a bit hard to juggle early dinner and a later show as my kids are in bed by 8p nightly (especially after a full vacation/sun filled day).

The staff were friendly and attentive and genuine. The staff (especially the gentleman from Spain in the gift shop)--he was so much fun! Less

Read more Disney Magic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Magic Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Magic Deluxe Inside Stateroom Deck One

I enjoyed the spaciousness of the cabin (and all the space to put your things away--including baggage). I am not sure why there was a need for the wall betweent he 2 bathrooms--i'd prefer the wall to be removed which would allow for a spacious bathroom with a lot of room to move around. I swear our carpet was never vaccumed, we saw the same sand as we had left it each day (while at port). I stepped on a straight pin that never did come from our house. We liked the flat screen tv, and sure wish we could figure out the clock (and the cell phone for that matter!) before we left (which we didn't). It was quite inside the cabin.

PARADISE! nothing more is worth saying. true paradise

We took a cab ride from heck to Orient Beach. She weaved in and out of traffic on an already weavy road. She certainly enjoyed her brakes. The beach was a little too jam packed for me. Rough waters (so much so that we never went in). We ate at a place with New Jersey ties (ok, we're originally from NJ). I forgot the name already, but it is a husband/wife team and name of place. GREAT FOOD!