Disney Magic Cruise Review by lilmar

Member Name: lilmar
Cruise Date: February 2011
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: 10C
See More About: Disney Magic Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Disney Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+
        3-6 2.0

Ship Facts: Disney Magic Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Disney Magic Deck Plans
A nice family vacation
While I very much enjoyed my trip and the weather, I can appreciate a larger ship. A larger ship (which we as a family have been on in the past), affords for more variability in choices from dining (breakfast and lunch), to activities, to shopping.

The kids club had very friendly staff. I am not sure if it was not the right "mix" with my kids and others, or not the right "mix" with the staff (who were nothing but nice--don't get me wrong), but my kids never favored to go to the camp. Quite surprising, as our last cruise (non Disney), they were chomping at the bit to go to the camp. My kids were not kicking and screaming NOT to go, just not favored themselves to go.

The characters were great (and plentiful). Bring an autograph book with you beforehand for the kids to get their signatures.

The meals were decent, a little on the luke warm end, but very tasty. I favored Lumiere's the best. Palo's was FANTASTIC....a must. Our server (Andrea) was fantastic and attentive in every way!

We chose midship and deck 1 as our youngest (age 5) has a tendency to get motion sick. SHE DID NOT, but i have to say you really feel the boat move (side to side) even on deck 1. It wasn't rough waters either. Something to note. It's because of the size of the ship.

The entertainment was great. Loved the Dream show. Found it to be a bit hard to juggle early dinner and a later show as my kids are in bed by 8p nightly (especially after a full vacation/sun filled day).

The staff were friendly and attentive and genuine. The staff (especially the gentleman from Spain in the gift shop)--he was so much fun!

Publication Date: 02/24/12