Enjoyed the Spirit: Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by jerseagal

Overall Member Rating

Enjoyed the Spirit

Sail Date: February 2012
Embarkation: New Orleans
8th cruise for me 2nd for my Daughter. This is the first time I even took note of the cruise director. What a bundle of warmth and energy she projects. The last night burlesque show is a must see! Great job by the activity staff. So much fun!
Food....well if we weren't on a tight budget we would have gone "for pay" ala carte. Always found something we liked but menu never excited me.
Cabin...Inside 9th deck clean and roomy enough for the two of us. The hair dryer is nearly useless for my thick hair. Can not use hairdryer at the vanity. Considered walking to the dressing room by the spa but decided to just air dry. What the heck we are "free styling" right?

Ports...Costa Maya, Loved it!!! Walked straight through the port out to the bus $3 each enjoyed the sun, sand, warm clear sea, and a few drinks taxi back Total $$ for the 2 of us $30 including drinks tip and transportation.

Belize we did the ship sponsered Zipline and Cave tubing. Had fun.

Roatan More we brought our own snorkel gear paid $59 each for Beach Party through the ship. Glad we did. Plopped our gear down on two loungers under a palm and headed out to great snorkeling. Had considered Bananarama and walked down the beach to check it out. Much smaller beach. Not very many chairs so no guarantee that we would have gotten one and still would have snorkled the same spot. Great beach plenty of chairs, BBQ was "ok". Enjoyed the day.

Cozumel walked 7 blocks to pickup our red VW convertible from ISIS $35 including insurance. At my request we paid an extra $10 so I wouldn't have to refill gas tank. Drove around the Island beach hopping stopping at 8 on our treck around the Island. Love Cozumel"s wild side. Less

Published 02/24/12
Ask a Question
Post it here and get answers from Cruise Critic members.

Cabin review: IB9067 Mid-Ship Inside

Roomy bath. Vanity came in handy for two women sharing the cabin. Hair dryer sucks!

Read All Mid-Ship Inside (IB) Reviews >>
232 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X