Carnival Fascination Cruise Review by kg4pit

Embarkation: Jacksonville
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 6C

Fun in the sun while earning CEU's, Coding Cruise
This was a group cruise consisting of several certified medical coders in need of continuing education credits. We went to class for 4hrs on each of the sea days. That way we didn't miss any of the fun!! BTW, the main instructor was my sister. Her DH was the coordinator of it all.

This was DH and my 3rd Carnival cruise, first on Fascination. All of our Carnival cruises have been coding cruises!

We drove down to Jacksonville a day early. We stayed at the Holiday Inn closest to the port. Very nice hotel!! Would definitely stay there again!Oh, for anyone that might be into antiques, downtown Jacksonville has two very nice antique shops (across the street from each other)

EMBARKATION was a bit sticky for us AGAIN! The last two cruises, we also had difficulties at embarkation. The first two cruises were out of Mobile..won't go into detail about that embarkation except for the fact that it could have been handled better than it was. This time, we were in line, moving right along. Then the employee that was directing the line, sent us in a line where a man didn't realize he had to empty his pockets, etc. So, we were delayed while everyone behind us went to the speedy line. Then, as our carry on luggage went through the xray, it was decided that they needed to look in our bag. we were pulled over to the side, where the nice (really, he was)security agent very carefully unpacked our stuff so he could see that my diet mt dews and diet pepsis were indeed sealed. He did apologize about having to do it and put everything back in the best he could. The line wasn't too terribly long to check in. After we were checked it we went directly on the ship. went to the lido deck for lunch. We ran into others in our group.

CABIN: our cabin was very nice, we had an oceanview on Deck 5, Main. Our room was always clean! However, we never met our room stewart, don't even know their name! After a couple of days, I realized it was probably the shy, young girl that was in the hallway folding towels.

DINING: We had great wait staff. Reuben was our waiter and I can't remember our asst waiter's name. Joseph, our super charged maitre'd, was very nice too. Food was good, especially the warm chocolate melting cake! It was very disappointing that we weren't seated with our group! It is probably because we requested to be seated at the same table as some of our friends (also with the group)We were on the other side of the room. I thought if we were with a group, they would seat us at least close together. I mean, there were about 30 people seated together from our group. We (3 couples) were seated elsewhere. You would think they could have seated us close. Oh well, didn't let that get to me. The cruise was still great!

ENTERTAINMENT: It was really good. There were 2 comedians,one was the cowboy and I can't remember the other one's name. The cowboy, in my opinion, wasn't so good. The other one, was very good! The cruise director was good too.

STAFF: For the most part, the staff was very nice and helpful. There were times when we would pass a staff member in the hall, it was like they wouldn't dare speak! Then other times, some went out of their way to speak.

PORTS: Half Moon Cay was awesome!! Very clean! DH and I walked around, saw the stingrays, I did get in the water for just a bit. too cold for me!! Went to Captain on the Rocks bar, had a drink and listened to music.

Nassau was good too. We did the segway tour, which was great! wish I could get one of those! Ate at Senor' Frogs. did a little shopping. disappointed that they didn't really have any baby tshirts unless you wanted to pay $20 for a onesie! We brought back our 4mo old grandaugter a tshirt a few sizes too big!

DEBARKATION: Went very smoothly. We were off the ship, through customs and in our truck before 10:00, I think.

There were a few glitches in this cruise, but all in all it was good! We are cruising again next February (another coding cruise) this time it's out of New Orleans. 7 night. We need the 3 sea days to get our CEU's!!

Happy cruising everybody!!