Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by Leo Darmitz: To Roatan, Cozumel and back on the Millennium

Leo Darmitz
0 Post

Compare Prices on Celebrity Millennium Western Caribbean Cruises

To Roatan, Cozumel and back on the Millennium

Sail Date: February 2012

This was a five day cruise which turned out to be better than expected.
We left a cloudy Miami at 4:30 p.m., cruised through the night and awoke to a beautiful clear sky. From there to the end, the weather was perfect.
My wife went riding in Roatan at El Rancho Barrio Dorcas. E-Mail Roosmarie Maten at roosmaten@gmail.com for information. While she was riding, their bus driver drove me all over the place. The whole adventure cost only $100 for both of us.
There were a great number of pedlars on the beaches and lots of shops in the town. The pedlars were a bit of a nuisance, but the shops were great.
Our next stop was Cozumel. We were there last in 1979 and things have certainly changed. You are hard pressed to walk the main street of San Miguel without being harassed by merchants. In 1979, we had dinner three times at Pizza Rolandi. The place is still there and run by the same family; however, it is now called Guido's. Same great food.
The service on the More ship was superb. My only complaint is the nickel and diming where ever you are. I heard one couple commenting on their $1000++ bill at the end and were hare pressed to understand where they spent that much. Be careful; they charge you for things that you would not expect.
The last morning was very hectic. They want you off the ship before you barely have have your eyes open. A turn around takes them only about three hours so things are really moving on departure.
If you plan on renting a car at the port, don't even think about it. There is nothing there. Your best bet is going to the airport. It was a $27 cab ride to the car rental terminal. We rented a full sized car from E-Z Car Rental which cost us only $126 for three days. That included all tolls, unlimited mileage, but not gas, extra driver or insurance. We took out a six month rider on our own auto insurance for under $8 whereas the car renters charge $14 per day. Before departing for this cruise, we had checked out car renters and $39 per day plus mileage, plus taxes, plus the use of their battery, plus a tire charge, plus, plus appeared the going rate. I was very pleased with E-Z.
This trip was a gift from my wife. I don't think I would choose to cruise if I made the decision. I don't like the crowds on the boat.
Just a final note and this applies to anywhere you use a lounge, table or chair. Be considerate of others and remove your towels, cups and plates when you vacate. I saw many people looking for a place to sit, eat or lounge, but could not find a place because many guests just depart their place and leave everything behind. The place they depart looks as though it is still occupied. Less

Read more Celebrity Millennium cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Millennium Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Millennium 7181

Quite small, but manageable. We had a chance to see an inside cabin and now that we have seen one, we would not even consider it. Even though our balcony was small, that is the only way to go. We were conveniently located to everything we needed. The soundproofing was fantastic. We could not hear anything outside of our cabin.

The port facilities were excellent if you like to shop.
Read 1660 Roatan Reviews