Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by Liz S

Member Name: Liz S
Cruise Date: January 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: OK
See More About: Norwegian Dawn Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals

Horrible Experience. Please do not cruise this ship!
We took a 10 day cruise to the Caribbean on January 15, 2012 which stopped at Samana DR, Tortola,St. Martin, Antigua, Barbados, St, Kitts.

The food was bad. There wasn't much options. Our anniversary cake tasted like refrigerator. The appetizers were the same at both the Venetian and the Aqua Restaurant. Service in the Venetian was bad. It took them forever to get our order, bring our food, refill our water. And the food wasn't great! My husband has never complained of a lobster until this cruise.

Our room was soooo noisy. It literally cracked all night. All my previous cruises have been pretty much quiet but this one was out of control. The bathroom door would open along with the cabinets. One night I woke up from all the noise because there was something banging outside my window. I had to call the front desk to ask what was going on. Someone came to my room to hear what I was complaining about and told me all the cracking was just part of the room! At that moment I thought "I don't know how I am going to survive another 7 days here"! Our room steward was rude. The first day I nicely asked him to change our duvet cause there was a big yellow stain in it, the size of a large plate. Instead of saying, yes or whatever he started making excuses about what the stains were. One day he didn't even do our bed. I spoke to many of the people on our ship and they were all frustrated with the ship. I had heard that NCL was a good line to cruise but then now talking to the many people on the ship they all mentioned that it has deteriorated so much from what it once were.

The library was too small (the size of a small stateroom) to even carry a nice selections of books. And you could only check out books one hour during the day and one hour during the evening. The entertainment in the Grand Atrium was this couple that sang literally the SAME songs night after night. There were no lounges to hang out. People were literally playing cards and games inside the buffet area because there was nowhere else. Buffet selection was boring as well. Same thing every day. Even at the dining rooms, I was never impressed with the meals. And I am not a picky person but now that I've gone on other cruises I can say that I was spoiled by other lines compared to what we had here. I even lost weight cause we didn't eat much, nothing was appetizing.

The entertainment during the day wasn't great. We just paid to be at the spa and worked out cause there was nothing much to do. The only good thing I can say was that their night entertainment was okay. They had this group of people doing improvised comedy shows which was good. But really, you go for the whole experience, and this ship makes you regret going.

After cruising many fine cruises like Holland America and MSC, I can say I will never cruise NCL again. Please save your money and time and enjoy a better experience in another cruise line! DO NOT CRUISE NCL!!! PLEASE!!!

Publication Date: 02/22/12