Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by Liz S: Horrible Experience. Please do not cruise this ship!

Liz S
0 Post

Compare Prices on Norwegian Dawn Southern Caribbean Cruises

Horrible Experience. Please do not cruise this ship!

Sail Date: January 2012
Destination: Southern Caribbean

We took a 10 day cruise to the Caribbean on January 15, 2012 which stopped at Samana DR, Tortola,St. Martin, Antigua, Barbados, St, Kitts.
The food was bad. There wasn't much options. Our anniversary cake tasted like refrigerator. The appetizers were the same at both the Venetian and the Aqua Restaurant. Service in the Venetian was bad. It took them forever to get our order, bring our food, refill our water. And the food wasn't great! My husband has never complained of a lobster until this cruise.

Our room was soooo noisy. It literally cracked all night. All my previous cruises have been pretty much quiet but this one was out of control. The bathroom door would open along with the cabinets. One night I woke up from all the noise because there was something banging outside my window. I had to call the front desk to ask what was going on. Someone came to my room to hear what I was complaining about and told me all the cracking was just part of the room! At More that moment I thought "I don't know how I am going to survive another 7 days here"! Our room steward was rude. The first day I nicely asked him to change our duvet cause there was a big yellow stain in it, the size of a large plate. Instead of saying, yes or whatever he started making excuses about what the stains were. One day he didn't even do our bed. I spoke to many of the people on our ship and they were all frustrated with the ship. I had heard that NCL was a good line to cruise but then now talking to the many people on the ship they all mentioned that it has deteriorated so much from what it once were.

The library was too small (the size of a small stateroom) to even carry a nice selections of books. And you could only check out books one hour during the day and one hour during the evening. The entertainment in the Grand Atrium was this couple that sang literally the SAME songs night after night. There were no lounges to hang out. People were literally playing cards and games inside the buffet area because there was nowhere else. Buffet selection was boring as well. Same thing every day. Even at the dining rooms, I was never impressed with the meals. And I am not a picky person but now that I've gone on other cruises I can say that I was spoiled by other lines compared to what we had here. I even lost weight cause we didn't eat much, nothing was appetizing.

The entertainment during the day wasn't great. We just paid to be at the spa and worked out cause there was nothing much to do. The only good thing I can say was that their night entertainment was okay. They had this group of people doing improvised comedy shows which was good. But really, you go for the whole experience, and this ship makes you regret going.
After cruising many fine cruises like Holland America and MSC, I can say I will never cruise NCL again. Please save your money and time and enjoy a better experience in another cruise line! DO NOT CRUISE NCL!!! PLEASE!!! Less

Read more Norwegian Dawn cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Dawn Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Dawn

Our bad experience started at the port. We were the first to arrive since we had a red eye flight from Los Angeles to Miami so we went directly to the port. We understood we couldn't go in until 10 so we waited patiently. Once we were let in to wait, they told us to sit down and we would be let inside in the order we came in. During that time, all the crew from the ship was coming in which concerned me whether it was their first week on the cruise. After waiting an hour, Mr. Negron opened the door and let everybody else who got there later and let them in line to get in. During the time, the lady who was inside and told us to sit down tried to stop him and told him that we ( a large group of people who had arrived first) had been waiting for a long time therefore she promised us to go first. He raised his voice and said "Who is complaining?!" I felt bad for the lady and was upset as well so I told him, "Well sir, we were the first ones here and we were supposed to go in first" and he basically said it doesn't matter! There are many people to help you all in. He just didn't care and totally was rude. Then they let us in until after 1 pm into the ship and we didn't get our rooms until 2:30. Just a bad experience overall.
Read 163 Miami Reviews