Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by volsfan2012: Carnival Fantasy 2/2012

Carnival Fantasy 2/2012

Sail Date: February 2012
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Charleston

I have read many reviews about the Carnival Fantasy and I was a little skeptical. We had a wonderful time and would do this ship again for the price.

Pro's
The staff was wonderful, friendly and aiming to please everywhere I went. I felt pampered and my hats go off to all the staff of the ship, from the entertainers, waiters, housekeeping to photography. They all do an excellent job and make everyone feel special.

The dining in the Celebration was great. The portion sizes were small but you can order more than one entree or appetizer if you wish. I ordered several appetizers each night and even several desserts a couple of times. We ate here for breakfast, lunch and dinner and loved each meal. We tried the breakfast on the lido deck and did not care for the food, but we had dinner the last night on the buffet and it was good also. Ate at the Mongolian grill once and it was very good. They had a Mexican buffet one night at 11:30 and it was good, a little late to eat More for my liking though.

The had to great shows during the week we were there. One was a tribute to the beetles and the other was a Vegas style show. My husband and I loved them both.

I went to one of the art auctions, only because I have never been to one before and I did not care for it. The price that people pay for pictures blew me away. The casino makes alot of money for the ship, I watched people gamble and again I was amazed. I tried the penny slots and lost $10 and that was enough for me. The passenger involvement in many of the events is always fun. I loved karaoke. The trivia games, minute to win it, and gameshow style games were fun. Bingo was fun but they played it way to much to take up space and time. You would think they could come up with some other type of entertainment than Bingo all the time. I loved the Egyptian room and piano bar, they played oldies and was very entertaining.

My husband took a tour of the inside of the ship and how it runs, he loved that experience. That type of thing does not interest me so I hit the hot tub while he did the tour. It was $55 but he said it was worth it. It took him about 2 1/2 hours.

One think you do not need to do is the overview from the first day or the departure review. They show these over and over on the tv in your room so just get updated in your room.

They showed a couple of movies which were old and I wish they could have rights to new movies, that would have been nice. They showed Grease and another oldie but cannot remember.

I really have no cons about the cruise. Sure there were some things that I did not like but nothing that I would want to down the cruise line for. ( I was bummed that we did not get to do Freeport due to the rough waters and high winds but I am glad they are looking out for our safety). They tried to keep everyone happy and entertained and I absolutely loved it. If you are going to try and find something wrong you will, but for the price of this trip it was wonderful. Less

Read more Carnival Fantasy cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Fantasy Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Fantasy Interior Empress R23

Make sure to follow the measurements for your luggage, they will not fit under the bed if you don't and you will not have any room to put them. Bring extension cord with 5 way plug, very handy. I bought a $3 hang over the door for the bathroom, very convenient. Make sure to bring extra large mug for drinks in your room along with a large coffee mug for when you visit the Lido deck.

We did the bahamasegewaytours off the ship. We absolutely loved it, if you book this online and not through the ship you will save about $40 each. There Segeways are also faster that the ones in downtown Nassau. This was more like an off road adventure, the Segeways went about 11 miles and hour and we loved it. We had time to come back and do some shopping, Senior Frogs, & Hard Rock Cafe. We loved it, very entertaining.
Read 2631 Nassau Reviews