Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by ceegarnut: Best Vacation Ever!

ceegarnut
Member Since 2012

Compare Prices on Celebrity Eclipse Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Best Vacation Ever!

Sail Date: February 2012

We absolutely LOVED our cruise. This was our first trip with Celebrity and we have already put a deposit down for our second trip! We were a part of the Kendall Jackson group and I have to say that the partnership between KJ and Celebrity was a match made in heaven. In addition to all of the great fun Celebrity had planned, KJ put on about 7 events just for us, brought in some very special wines and gave us all a very personal touch.
Randy from KJ was amazing and such a great guy. We were told that there will be another KJ/Celebrity cruise to Alaska in 2013 and we put our deposit down right then and there. Bottom line, great ship, great people, great fun!
Our room was spacious and very well maintained with a larger than expected balcony that we used everyday. Our experience was perfect, we got to the Port of Miami after spending the night at the Red Roof Inn, and within 20 minutes (no lie!) we were in our room. Even though there were 2900 guests, you never felt More crowded. There was always seating available at the pools, entertainment and buffets. The casino was amazing as was the other entertainment, but the biggest surprise to my wife and I was the quality of food. I can honestly say the meals we had at the specialty restaurants was as good as any $300 dinner we have had. The main dining room food was on par with the specialty restaurants, but we liked to have a few of our dinners more "private" and with a little more variety.
On our last day, we were off the ship and at the airport gate within 1 hour. I could go on and on, but you really must experience this first hand to fully appreciate. We are now hooked on cruising with Celebrity! Less

Read more Celebrity Eclipse cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Eclipse Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Eclipse Concierge Class Panorama Deck (9) 1134

Our cabin was fantastic, I really could not think of anything that could be improved upon.

We did not go for the expensive excursion offered by Celebrity, instead, we did a 2 hour tour with a local firm for $10 each. The driver was very knowledgeable, pointed out many things for us and was very humorous. The shopping was fun along the main street in old San Juan, very touristy, but that should be expected.
Read 1362 San Juan Reviews

Although the port area was not as beautiful as that of St. Thomas, the beach excursion we went on was outstanding. We did the basic beach day with lunch included. I am sure we could have cut our cost in half if we "on our own", but we wanted this day to be a no-brainer so we could just relax and enjoy the beach.

Absolutely beautiful views of the port area, just amazing. We paid $4 each for the taxi ride to the main shopping area where we immediately ran into a "tour guide". We paid $20 each for a nice tour of the island and stop at one of the local beaches, again a pretty good value compared to the excursion offerings. We really like the shopping here, though were a bit put off by the number of stores selling jewelery (about 250 of them). It was funny, I had the best rum drink of the trip in the little upstairs bar at Tiffany & Co. If you buy anything from them, you get to go upstairs and get drinks and use their Internet cafe for free. I had four rum punches and got caught up on email before heading back to the ship.
Read 2326 St. Thomas Reviews