Carnival Magic Cruise Review by pensgrl: Magical Family and Friends Cruise

Compare Prices on Carnival Magic Western Caribbean Cruises

Magical Family and Friends Cruise

Sail Date: December 2011
Embarkation: Galveston

Our amazing vacation started when we arrived in Galveston. We stayed at the Holiday Inn on the Beach. I was pleasantly surprised at the size of the room and cleanliness of the rooms. We has a wonderful balcony with a great view of the beach and ocean.
The embarkation process was a breeze this time! We were sitting on the Lido and having lunch by noon. After lunch we headed down to see if our room was ready. We walked in and I was floored (in a good way!) I could not believe how roomy the cabin was! Between my family and my best friends family we had 10 all together with 6 being kids ranging from 14 to 3. My friend had never been on a cruise and I wanted to prepare her on the size of the cabins. I told her they are pretty small but when we saw our cabins I was shocked at how roomy it was. I have to say one of my favorite things about the Magic was our room! We had a Deluxe Ocean view cabin complete with 2 bathrooms! Loved it!
After checking out our cabin and unpacking our More carry ons we made our way to the Munster drill then to the Lido for sail away. We decided to wonder around a bit and go to the Camp Carnival info meeting.
Dinner was wonderful! We loved the food and our head waiter and his team so much that we ended up canceling our steakhouse reservations to eat in the dinning room! The food was so good night after night. There was only one night that I ordered something that I did not care for but they took it back and brought me something else.
The ship it's self is so beautiful! I read several reviews that it was too over the top but I thought it was just right. Carnival put so much detail into every inch of this ship. i loved all of the different types of furniture they placed all over the ship. Around the water park they had bright Caribbean colors, on the decks they had wicker type love seats with light up tables in perfect view of the very large movie screen. At night they would bring around blankets and popcorn while the movies were showing. The hot tubs on deck 5 were my favorite part of the cruise.
The food on the Lido deck was also very good. The Mongolian Grill was good but there was always a very long line. There are many places to eat though, some of my favorites were: the burrito bar, pizza and the deli. On our last day at sea we had lunch in the Italian place and it was wonderful too!
The kids loved Camp Carnival and all of the activities they has to offer!
We did self debarkation and never had to satnd in line. We walked right up to customs and were in our car by 10am.
We had a fantastic vacation. I look forward to hopefully one day going on the Magic again! Less

Read more Carnival Magic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Magic Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Magic Oceanview Riviera

LOVED the cabin! We had a Deluxe Ocean View and it was awesome. 2 bathrooms, plenty of sleeping areas, lots of storage. There was even drawers under the couch. The larger bathroom had so many shelves that I never even used the bathroom organizer I packed. Great for 5 people!

(5.5)
We went to Paradise Beach and had a wonderful time. We had 10 people in all and 6 were kids and everyone had a great time. Paradise Beach has added a pool and it was beautiful. Once we were all worn out swimming and climbing all over the the big ocean toys we went to the pool and relaxed a bit! One of my favorite parts of the cruise!
Read 3120 Cozumel Reviews

Beach Break

(5.5)
Then we went to Rum Point Beach where our very tasty lunch was waiting on us. We had plenty of time to play on the beach and collect shells before we had to go back. if you ever go to Grand Cayman use Native Way for your tour. You will not be disappointed!Best day of the cruise!

Snorkeling

(5.5)
My very first snorkeling experience (I'm hooked!) We snorkeled the reef for what seemed to be a long time. The water was so clear and the colors of the fish were amazing.

Stingray Swim

(5.5)
Native Way was amazing! Our tour guides were very knowledgeable and fun! There were about 15 people total on this excursion so it felt like a private tour. First we played with the sing rays! Beautiful and interesting creatures. One of the coolest things I have ever done!

Sunset Beach Resort

(3)
Sunset Beach was just ok in my opinion. The waterpark was nice and the lazy river was neat but I really didn't like the beach area too much. Snorkeling was hard because the reefs were very close to the top of the water. My friend cut her leg pretty bad on the coral reefs. The people at the resort were not very friendly either. This was our last port so maybe if it had of been our first port I would have felt different. However, the shopping was fun. Don't spend all of your money inside the shops, wait until you go outside in the market area. It's right after you get off the ship and right before you go inside the port.