Carnival Magic Cruise Review by pensgrl

Public Rooms 5+
        3-6 5+
        7-9 5+

Magical Family and Friends Cruise
Our amazing vacation started when we arrived in Galveston. We stayed at the Holiday Inn on the Beach. I was pleasantly surprised at the size of the room and cleanliness of the rooms. We has a wonderful balcony with a great view of the beach and ocean.

The embarkation process was a breeze this time! We were sitting on the Lido and having lunch by noon. After lunch we headed down to see if our room was ready. We walked in and I was floored (in a good way!) I could not believe how roomy the cabin was! Between my family and my best friends family we had 10 all together with 6 being kids ranging from 14 to 3. My friend had never been on a cruise and I wanted to prepare her on the size of the cabins. I told her they are pretty small but when we saw our cabins I was shocked at how roomy it was. I have to say one of my favorite things about the Magic was our room! We had a Deluxe Ocean view cabin complete with 2 bathrooms! Loved it!

After checking out our cabin and unpacking our carry ons we made our way to the Munster drill then to the Lido for sail away. We decided to wonder around a bit and go to the Camp Carnival info meeting.

Dinner was wonderful! We loved the food and our head waiter and his team so much that we ended up canceling our steakhouse reservations to eat in the dinning room! The food was so good night after night. There was only one night that I ordered something that I did not care for but they took it back and brought me something else.

The ship it's self is so beautiful! I read several reviews that it was too over the top but I thought it was just right. Carnival put so much detail into every inch of this ship. i loved all of the different types of furniture they placed all over the ship. Around the water park they had bright Caribbean colors, on the decks they had wicker type love seats with light up tables in perfect view of the very large movie screen. At night they would bring around blankets and popcorn while the movies were showing. The hot tubs on deck 5 were my favorite part of the cruise.

The food on the Lido deck was also very good. The Mongolian Grill was good but there was always a very long line. There are many places to eat though, some of my favorites were: the burrito bar, pizza and the deli. On our last day at sea we had lunch in the Italian place and it was wonderful too!

The kids loved Camp Carnival and all of the activities they has to offer!

We did self debarkation and never had to satnd in line. We walked right up to customs and were in our car by 10am.

We had a fantastic vacation. I look forward to hopefully one day going on the Magic again!

Publication Date: 02/22/12