Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by JoAnn Wolter

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by JoAnn Wolter
Celebrity Millennium
Celebrity Millennium
Member Name: JoAnn Wolter
Cruise Date: February 2012
Cabin Category: C3
See More About: Celebrity Millennium Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Celebrity Millennium to Cozumel, Mexico
What a great trip my friends and I had aboard the Celebrity Millennium in January. Our cruise went from Miami to Key West to Cozumel and back to Miami. It was four nights, three days. Everything about Celebrity was excellent. Being a first time cruiser, I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but the entire cruise exceeded any hopes I had.

We had originally booked an ocean view room. When prices dropped, we were upgraded to Veranda Concierge class. I would never do a cruise with any other option! Our room was a good size, with two twin beds pushed together, a sitting area with couch and table and a small balcony. There was lots of storage room for clothes and other items. It was immaculately clean, something I am hyper-sensitive to when traveling. We spent very little time in our room, never sitting on the couch even once, always choosing to sit on the balcony which had a table and two chairs when we were there. Concierge class provided us with amazing amenities: a bottle of champagne upon arrival, daily hor'dorves delivered to our room, turn down service with a daily ship newspaper and little bedtime treat, fresh flowers, and attendants eager to attend to our every need.

The ship itself is equally amazing. I don't know how many people were on the boat, but it never felt crowded. We didn't take advantage of even half the things available, but what we did take advantage of was all excellent. There is a seemingly endless buffet daily with an incredible amount of options. We chose to have breakfast on our balcony every morning; there was a very impressive room service menu. We made sit down dinner reservations for each night depending on our daily schedule. The first night's dinner was disappointing, but after that first night it was all very good to excellent. We went to the shows every night, very entertaining. There was dancing with live bands and DJ's, tours of the ship (we did the kitchen tour, very informative, and impressive!), a spa pool and plenty of lounge chairs on the upper deck for sunning. We didn't go to the casino, but it was hopping.

In Key West, we booked a kayaking tour with the ship. I was nervous about doing a shore excursion on my own with the possibility of missing the boat. I was disappointed with this tour. There was a group of about 20 from the ship, many of whom were beginner kayakers. We were picked up at the dock and dropped off downtown to explore at the end. Being an experienced kayaker, I just wanted to go, but there was lots of waiting. One of my friends really enjoyed it as the tour leader pointed out many things found in and around the mangroves. Not that I didn't like that, but it all went too slow for me! Next time I would arrange to rent my own kayaks and tour on my own.

We decided to do a dive in Cozumel. Not knowing who the ship might contract with, I booked the dive on my own. I did extensive research on who to go with after having a very bad experience with a diving operation in Hawaii. I made arrangement with 2 D's Dive shop (see separate review). Since we were in port for 8 hours, I wasn't nervous about not getting back on the ship, and Deanna, owner of the shop, was great about making arrangements coinciding with the times we could do it. It was easy to get cabs right off the dock to take you wherever you want to go. Two of our friends went to a beach club, again, on their own versus a ship excursion. It was very easy to get around the island. In short, if you are a diver, this is a must do dive!

I am an adventure-type traveler, not usually one for the all-inclusive resort thing, but I will definitely be cruising again! You can really make it whatever you want, very busy or very relaxing. Boarding and disembarking was very easy, very little in the way of lines. Tons of stuff to do if you want, food for every taste bud, entertainment... I highly recommend this cruise ship!

Publication Date: 02/21/12