“A Lot of Fun”

Member Since 2012
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I felt that the food was good to excellent throughout the cruise. The service was actually better than what I expected. And it was about equal to that we enjoyed on Holland America. My wife enjoyed the shows and shopping on the ship. The ship is large, but the way it is compartmentally designed, it didn't feel any bigger than our last ship which was near half again the size of the Magic. I really enjoyed the atmosphere of the ship and recommend the Red Frog Pub to anyone that likes beer. We went on two excursion, neither through Carnival and had a blast on both. Did the Stingray City Excursion with Capt. Bryan on the Caymans and Parasailed at Cozumel through Island Marketing for about half the price with Carnival. On the negative side the ship at certain times does have a lot of noise. When arriving at port, the ship vibrates and makes loud noise. I'm not sure why the ship doesn't have a dampening system installed or it simply doesn't function properly. It didn't seem to matter about the level we were on either, while dining on three it vibrated quite a bit during our meal. The seas were a little rough coming in to Galveston the last day, and the ship would make noise during that period as well. The casino was as tight on the machines as any I have ever played. We did manage to recoup a little the last day, but over all I wouldn't expect much playing time without donating a lot of cash on this ship. My wife did win $500 on Bingo. Over all I'd say it was a lot of fun......
Carnival Magic Cruises to the Western Caribbean

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Magic Review
Carnival Magic Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?