Carnival Magic Cruise Review by Press_ie: A Lot of Fun

Compare Prices on Carnival Magic Western Caribbean Cruises

A Lot of Fun

Sail Date: February 2012
Embarkation: Galveston

I felt that the food was good to excellent throughout the cruise. The service was actually better than what I expected. And it was about equal to that we enjoyed on Holland America. My wife enjoyed the shows and shopping on the ship.

The ship is large, but the way it is compartmentally designed, it didn't feel any bigger than our last ship which was near half again the size of the Magic.

I really enjoyed the atmosphere of the ship and recommend the Red Frog Pub to anyone that likes beer.

We went on two excursion, neither through Carnival and had a blast on both. Did the Stingray City Excursion with Capt. Bryan on the Caymans and Parasailed at Cozumel through Island Marketing for about half the price with Carnival.

On the negative side the ship at certain times does have a lot of noise. When arriving at port, the ship vibrates and makes loud noise. I'm not sure why the ship doesn't have a dampening system installed or it simply doesn't function More properly. It didn't seem to matter about the level we were on either, while dining on three it vibrated quite a bit during our meal.

The seas were a little rough coming in to Galveston the last day, and the ship would make noise during that period as well.

The casino was as tight on the machines as any I have ever played. We did manage to recoup a little the last day, but over all I wouldn't expect much playing time without donating a lot of cash on this ship.

My wife did win $500 on Bingo.

Over all I'd say it was a lot of fun...... Less

Read more Carnival Magic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Magic Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Magic Oceanview Riviera 1451

Loved the two bathrooms! Enough room, but noisy at times.