Wind Surf Cruise Review by AirbusPat

Member Name: AirbusPat
Cruise Date: February 2012
Embarkation: St. Maarten
Cabin Category: B
See More About: Wind Surf Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Windstar Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+

Ship Facts: Wind Surf Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Wind Surf Deck Plans
Windsurf....even better than before
This was our third Windstar cruise, but we had not been on the Windsurf since 1998. I'm going to tag along with another review here by "c5Marine," because they did such a nice job of describing their cruise.

First the "BAD"... NONE

Second the "GOOD"... Everything

Even though we had been on the Windsurf in 1998 in the Mediterranean, my expectations were exceeded on this cruise. The ship had a recent refit, and the cabins and public rooms were beautiful. The food was off-the-charts, and even the coffee was great.

We had done this same itinerary with Star Clipper a few years ago, and we just love the ports-of-call. The best part of this cruise, for us, was the crew. From Captain John to our cabin steward, Puji -- everyone was so pleasant and friendly. I never once felt like it was a front or a put-on, as I've seen on some of our other cruises.

I feel the Windsurf was a very good value. We didn't get nickled-and-dimed for everything. Soft drinks, juice, sparking water, and fancy coffees were all included. Also there are very few ships that offer a galley and engine-room tour. Of course, the bridge is always open while at sea -- which is fantastic.

In addition to the two music groups which were very good, the Windsurf also put on a great Superbowl party.

After this Windstar cruise, I don't think we'll ever be on a large cruise ship again. Windstar has really upped their game and with the new ownership, I think they have a great future ahead.

Publication Date: 02/21/12