Radiance of the Seas 0

“Disappointed in almost every way”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Radiance of the Seas

cattylady
Member Since 2011
26 Forum Posts

Overall Member Rating

Where do I start?
Perhaps by saying if this was our first cruise we would never cruise again!
The Radiance of the Seas was 'Butlins upon Sea' which I guess,if is what you want then great but if you are looking for relaxation, serenity and calm, then this was not it.
We personally felt there was nowhere to go and read or relax quietly, everywhere you went there was noise and huge activity. Even the library is open to the centrum so you are subjected to whatever activity is being broadcast loudly via microphone. If you want to sit out and sunbathe then you must listen to the 'noise' made by the live 'supposed' singers. Noise is all we could call it - appalling!! And staff do not remove towels left by people reserving loungers -despite the notices. So impossible to get any space in the solarium on a windy day.
This ship does not provide anywhere near enough relaxing seating - we could never ever find a space to sit and enjoy a drink - everywhere was always full.
The More Windjammer is appalling, the quality of the food is dreadful unless you stick to soups and salads which are surprisingly good, forget trying to find space to sit, the Radiance has surrendered all space to $$$ restaurants. They really don't want you to eat in the 'free' dining restaurants.
On the plus side the stateroom was very nice, well designed and clean - thank
goodness we had selected a balcony stateroom, somewhere we could retire to.And the staff - well, they were the Radiances very best feature. Our stateroom attendant, Sebastien was bright and cheerful, and keen to look after us well. The MDR staff too, Rodriguez, Jimmy and Terry, were lovely and went out of their way to ensure we were happy.
The only staff which we felt were poor were, ironically, Guest Services. I bought my laptop as I needed to receive some urgent emails whilst aboard. All staterooms have wifi - great - I duly paid for a package and went about setting up - no joy -so a visit to Guest Services, who advised me, no I won't be able to get emails from sky.com, google.com and a couple of others. Hello? they encourage you to bring your laptop on their website but don't tell you, you may not be able to use it. So they refund me my package, all bar $1 why? Because they can't refund all of it because the system won't let them!!! So back I go to complain (principle not value).when I have checked my bill, eventually after some 'discussion' suddenly they can. Hmmmmnnn.
I hate this review as it feels like we were really picky and critical but felt I had to comment as we felt really sad. Less

Radiance of the Seas Cruises to Australia & New Zealand

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony

E28536
This cabin is right beside the stairs and lifts. But no particular noise or distraction. Occasionally you may hear a faint ding of the lift but only rarely and not distracting. Many people were jealous of the situ of this room and ease of access. Good internal space, both floor and closet. Small balcony.

Published 02/20/12

Read Cruise Critic's Radiance of the Seas Review

Radiance of the Seas Cruises to Australia & New Zealand

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?