Carnival Pride Cruise Review by mnowak

Cabin Category: 8B
Dining 5+
        3-6 4.0

2/5/12 thru 2/12/12 Carnival Pride
We just got home from the Carnival Pride. We traveled with our 4 ½ year old son in our room and my mother and Ninny in the room connected to ours. The rooms were adequate for us. We had an Ocean view room with Balcony on the 5th floor. The entire cruise our room vibrated. Not just like the normal rocking of the ship but actual vibration like when your car has a flat and you are driving. I did not like the fact that the art work all over the ships halls had topless women on them and the cupids all had private parts showing. The shows were lacking and the one they had called VROOM which was supposed to be the family show had the dancers showing their bottoms. My4 ½ year old did not need to see that. Nor did I need to explain to him why there were topless people all over the walls. The activities were ok. Food was amazing. The staff on this ship was wonderful. We were scheduled to leave at 4:30 we never departed until 7:30 due to them having to take on large amounts of fresh water. We sailed during the super bowl and they showed the game in the taj mahal my husband loved it.

On our first full day at sea we had an emergency health issue with a passenger so the ship had to meet up with the coast Guard. It happens not a big deal. We found the sound in the Taj to be overly LOUD. Not noisy but volume LOUD even when there was no need for it to be that way. We docked next to the Conquest compaired to our ship we found the Pride to be dark at night. No outside lights or big screen near the pool to show movies like a lot of the other ships have. My son loves Mini golf. It was too windy most days for us to play. They had that deck closed a lot. We liked the fact that 1 pool area was covered and enclosed so during the windy over cast days we could hang by the pool. But the pool water was so cold no one went in. We had 2 formal nights on this trip. They were great.

Food was fabulous. Our wait stay was wonderful. They always had our drinks waiting (non alcoholic). They dinner entertainment was funny. We didn't use Camp Carnival as we could have but we wanted this to be a family trip so we spent the time with our son. While on this trip we coordinated an ash scattering for my grandparents who had both passed as this was their final wish. The crew was great about this as well as the Baltimore Port and customs were wonderful with the ashes and helping us thru the security process. We meet a minister and his wife on their honeymoon and they had a Church service for us. We were disappointed that the cruise ship would not make an announcement or put it in the cruise paper like they did with the AA meetings they held on the ship.

The Spa we went for several different things. We went for the Detox your body seminar. They pushed a 3 month supply of algae treatments for $752 dollar. WHAT! I was shocked. Then we had acupuncture. That was cool. Tamara was great. Then my husband and I had a couples massage. We learned to NOT fill out all the boxes on the forms they give as they push other product and treatments when you do that. The massage part was so relaxing. We choose the relaxed disembarkation when we got back to port. This process last time we cruised was horrific. This time it was smooth and not bad. We wish they had been more honest about the time it would take to get off the ship. According to the schedule they gave out we were supposed to be off the ship by 11:00 it was 12:15 before they called us and we got off. Over all I will cruise again with Carnival but NOT on the pride.

Publication Date: 02/20/12
Read the Bahamas ports review by mnowak
More Carnival Pride Cruise Reviews