Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by ngossert: DUMP OF THE SEAS

Compare Prices on Majesty of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

DUMP OF THE SEAS

Sail Date: February 2012
Destination: Bahamas

My boyfriend and I have both taken many cruises before on Royal Caribbean. We were hoping for a romantic valentines day weekend getaway and since it is hard for my boyfriend to get off from work, we thought that the 3-day Majesty of the Seas would be perfect. For the most part, this weekend was anything but enjoyable.

We left from the port of Miami, the embarkment process went extremely smoothly. By the time we arrived at the port, we were on the ship about a half hour later. Our bags arrived on our floor by 1:00pm, which is much earlier then our bags have arrived on previous cruises.

Our first impression of the ship was that it was extremely old and seedy. There is nothing luxurious about this ship. Everything is old, worn and rusty. There is no promenade, which is the highlight of most of the other ships. The 3 bars were totally dead in the evening, with no fun to be had anywhere on the ship.

We went to the Windjammer for lunch. This is where the disaster More weekend all started. My boyfriend ate the tacos and fajitas there. About a hour later, his stomach was in cramps and he developed food poisoning from this low quality inadequate food!!! We had to be extremely careful about what we ate, if we ate anything at all. The rest of the food on this ship was disappointing and sub par. The Windjammer the whole trip had a musty odor.

On the other ships I have been on, I enjoy going in the hot tub, sauna, and steam room after my workout. There were no saunas and hot tubs in the fitness center. The steam room was so tiny and not relaxing what so ever.

Every time we TRIED to go the room, we found ourselves to be locked out. All we wanted to do was lay down because my boyfriend didn't feel well and we always had to take a pit stop in the lobby to reactivate our keys.

Although this cruise was inexpensive, if I knew this would be the experience we would have received I would have stayed home. Less

Read more Majesty of the Seas cruise reviews >>