Carnival Dream Cruise Review by TammyApple

7-9 5.0
        10-12 5.0
Shore Excursions 5+

Carnival Dream-AWESOME Family Cruise
This was our very first cruise so am I am not an authority on cruising by any stretch of the imagination but I am also not a "cruise snob". I read hundreds of reviews before this cruise and researched information on many websites and I have to say that I was a bit nervous about the cruise but now that I am back home I can say that my expectations were exceeded. The ship, staff, kids camp, food, entertainment, drinks, cabin and ports of calls were amazing.

We had a quint cabin on the 1st deck for the 5 (2 adults & 3 kids) of us. Plenty of space, quiet, comfortable temperature and beds. 1st deck is not so great for heading to deck 10 (Lido) but it is great for getting off and on the ship at the ports of call because you go to deck 0 to leave the ship which was just below us.

The staff was very nice and friendly. Everyone had a smile and no one seemed unhappy like I read on other reviews. We were always greeted in the hallways. Everyone was nice and helpful. Our kids loved the children's camp and would beg to go there whenever we had down time.

The food in the main dining room was very good. We liked most of the food on the ship. The kids especially loved the pizza, hamburgers, and ice cream. Do not miss Chef Arts Steakhouse.

It you are reading this before you go on your cruise just go with an open mind, relax, and take a deep breath. Yes there are 4,000 people on this ship so set your expectation at the correct level. There will be lines, especially on Sea Days, so get over it or plan to eat at off times of the day. They will not run out of food. Don't miss Dancing in the Streets... Great show.

Publication Date: 02/19/12