Carnival Dream Cruise Review by TammyApple: Carnival Dream-AWESOME Family Cruise

TammyApple
Member Since 2012

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Dream-AWESOME Family Cruise

Sail Date: February 2011
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

This was our very first cruise so am I am not an authority on cruising by any stretch of the imagination but I am also not a "cruise snob". I read hundreds of reviews before this cruise and researched information on many websites and I have to say that I was a bit nervous about the cruise but now that I am back home I can say that my expectations were exceeded. The ship, staff, kids camp, food, entertainment, drinks, cabin and ports of calls were amazing.

We had a quint cabin on the 1st deck for the 5 (2 adults & 3 kids) of us. Plenty of space, quiet, comfortable temperature and beds. 1st deck is not so great for heading to deck 10 (Lido) but it is great for getting off and on the ship at the ports of call because you go to deck 0 to leave the ship which was just below us.

The staff was very nice and friendly. Everyone had a smile and no one seemed unhappy like I read on other reviews. We were always greeted in the hallways. Everyone was nice and helpful. Our More kids loved the children's camp and would beg to go there whenever we had down time.

The food in the main dining room was very good. We liked most of the food on the ship. The kids especially loved the pizza, hamburgers, and ice cream. Do not miss Chef Arts Steakhouse.

It you are reading this before you go on your cruise just go with an open mind, relax, and take a deep breath. Yes there are 4,000 people on this ship so set your expectation at the correct level. There will be lines, especially on Sea Days, so get over it or plan to eat at off times of the day. They will not run out of food. Don't miss Dancing in the Streets... Great show. Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Oceanview Riviera 1380

1380-quite except for engine sounds. Holds 5 people with 2 bathrooms one with sink, shower and toilet, the other with bath and sink. Lots of storage.

We did not get to see Belize City because we did an Snorkeling excursion through Carnival so we were picked up right at our ship and taking to Spanish Lookout Island where we got out snorkeling equiptment and then head to a reef for snorkeling. We got to see a lot of beautiful fish and coral.

We took a cab to Mahahual and spent the day at The Tropicante Restaurant. The owner's name is Steve and he had a lovely place right on the beach. Very good, service, food and drink. Great place for kids, beautiful beaches.

We had a wonderful time. We took a cab to Mr. Sanchos beach club. We did the all inclusive day. ALl you can eat and drink as well as snorkeling equipment. AWESOME food and margaritas. Out kids ages 6,8, and 10 had a fun, playing on the beach and in the pool. Wonderful staff.
Read 3085 Cozumel Reviews

Wonderful day. We used Victor Bodden tours. We did the Zip and Dip Tour. WE did zip lining, visited a monkey farm, and had lunch at the beach. Very beautiful island and beaches. Only negative was there was a lot of vendors that were quite pushy and the beaches.
Read 1642 Roatan Reviews