* First time on Holland America.
* Will probably cruise with them again.
* The medium sized ship was not crowded. Passenger to staff ratio was very good.
* Food was very good to outstanding: Very good in main dinning/buffet...Excellent in Tamarind and Pinnacle Grill. Wine selections were a bit pricey (purchased wine almost every night) but provided high quality and value.
* Nice upgrade on accommodations after booking though Costco.
* Staff service was excellent...they're very proud of their craft.
* The classical music and solo guitar entertainment were fantastic...made for a very classy/sophisticated experience.
* The Mainstage shows were very good along with the professional magician who was very entertaining and really engaged the audience. I would recommend music selections be updated a bit with classy Motown selections (Smokey Robinson, Marvin Gaye, Aretha Franklin, etc.) and include more improvisations when using the onstage band. This is obviously not possible with performances that use as soundtrack.
*Ports of call were OK. Docking at Crown Bay in Virgin Islands was a bit of a hassle to get to the main part of town. We opted instead to ferry to Water Island and spend a day on Honeymoon beach.
*Overall, we felt like we got an excellent value for our cruise dollars; meals, service, accommodations and all.