MSC Poesia Cruise Review by flossinstructor: Fun in the Caribbean

Member Since 2006

Compare Prices on MSC Poesia Western Caribbean Cruises

Fun in the Caribbean

Sail Date: January 2012

We arrived at the port around 11am. Embarkation was very easy. We were on the ship quickly.
A crew member showed us to our cabin. He tried to give us some info about the ship, his English wasn't that great. That was true most of the trip. The language barrier was a little challenging. The cabin was fine. Plenty of space for the 3 of us.
We hung out by the pool. The lounge chairs are really weird. Quite uncomfortable. It was pretty easy to get a drink on day one. The rest of the time, not so much. It's not like other cruises were there are servers around all of the time. You couldn't really go to the bartender either, if you ordered from him, he didn't have a register. So, he would make your drink, but then he had to have a server come over to swipe your card. They do offer a drink package-12 drinks for the price of 10. They also offer buckets of beer.
The absolute best, best, best part of this trip was the Entertainment Team. They are the best I have ever More seen. Shout out to: Corrado, Rafaele, Wilkens, Francesco, Andrea & all the rest. You were all fantastic!!! They are soooo much fun. They entertain you by the pool, the nightclubs, while disembarking, etc... Such hard workers!!!
One thing that takes a bit of getting used to: all announcements are made in 5 different languages. At first, it's really annoying. Eventually, you learn to drown it out, after you have heard the announcement in your language.
There are not a lot of people who understand English though. That was tough at first. Again, you kind of get used to it and figure out ways to communicate. FYI, good luck getting a drink that is not on the "drink menu".
The food was ok. We did the buffet for breakfast. We ate in the dining room each night. Really, nothing stood out as far as the food went. The dining room staff was friendly and efficient, but they do not have any conversation w/ you, like on other cruise lines.
As far as photos, I am glad we did not purchase the photo package. We had no pics taken when we got on or off the ship. There were some pics taken at dinner, but we only found a couple of them. If you are interested in pics, check daily. Older pics get placed into plastic bins that you need to sort through.
The stage shows were ok. Good parts/bad parts. I find typical of most cruises. The shows in the nightclubs were fun. Of course, it was the Entertainment Team doing them. They really were incredible.
We stopped at Key West, Cozumel, Montego Bay and Roatan. I would highly recommend in Roatan booking an excursion with Victor Bodden tours. We were very pleased with the Fun & Sun tour we did with them. I would definitely use his company again. In Montego Bay, we did a highlights tour. Wouldn't recommend that. Key West and Cozumel, we just explored on our own.
Over all, we had a really fun time. Again, I can't say enough good things about the Entertainment Team. Truly the best!! I can't thank them enough for all of their hard work and making our vacation special!!!! Less

Read more MSC Poesia cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's MSC Poesia Review >>

Cabin review: MSC Poesia Balcony Leopardi Deck

I was quite pleased with our cabin. There were three adult women traveling together. We had plenty of room...closet, drawers, shelves. We did need extra hangers...which was no problem. They were delivered to us promptly. I always clean my cabin upon arrival (can't help myself). There were some areas that needed some extra attention....but overall, not too bad. The balcony furniture was very comfortable. Nice to sit out there. The bathroom was a little roomier than others I have had. On TV, it was a little hard to find English speaking channels. The couch opens to a single bed for the third person. Use that for the shortest person. My feet hung off and I am not that tall. Also, it's not very comfy, but I managed.

We just walked around and shopped. Had lunch in Carlos & Charlie's. Always a good time. Food was also quite good this time!
Read 3084 Cozumel Reviews

Bicycle Tour

(5)
It was a very nice tour of Key West. Driver "Sponge Bob" was great! Love Key West!

Jeep Tour

(2)
The tour guide was really great. Both on the bus and at the Mansion. But, I just didn't like Montego Bay. I certainly wouldn't venture out by myself there. Didn't really feel safe there (there are very few places that bother me) If I do go back there, I would do a beach break or do Dunn's Falls again.

I always have a nice time in Roatan. We booked a tour through the Victor Bodden tour company. Very pleased and would surely use him again. We did the Fun & Sun tour. I would recommend his company to anyone visiting Roatan.
Read 1642 Roatan Reviews