Eurodam Cruise Review by CruiseTillDead: Eurodam 2/4/12

Compare Prices on Eurodam Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Eurodam 2/4/12

Sail Date: February 2012

Eurodam 2/4/12

I would like to share my review of the Holland America "Eurodam"
First I would like to say, this was one of if not the best cruise I have ever been on.
I will not go in to many specifics or review any of the ports, but rather an overview on this cruise.
We were in a Deluxe Veranda Suite 7132, (aft facing corner suite).
Boarding was fast and easy with no complaints. The overall condition of the ship was immaculate at all times. The staff was always courteous and willing to help with whatever your needs. The food was fantastic. From the Lido dining room to the buffet line at lunch, there was always a great selection for your meals no matter where you ate on the ship.
The entertainment was better then what you would expect from a cruise ship. A string quartet plays from 6pm to 11pm ,and a jazz group plays longer into the night. The casino is a little small but never to crowded to find a table or slot machine. Our room More steward was always around and willing to help (I don't think the man ever slept). My wife tried the Acupuncture and is now hooked. Other ladies in our group had fantastic experiences in the spa as well.
The ship simply put is very beautiful. Everywhere you look, you see reminders of the nautical heritage of Holland America. You will not see the bright fluorescent colors of other cruise lines, rather you find wood tones brass and subtle reminders that you are on a ship, not a Las Vegas Casino. The ship is laid out extremely well with public room that are quite spacious.
Your fellow traveler is an older crowd. I was told the average age of the passenger was 58, I think it was more like 65. There were a few younger people on board, but you will not find the spring break type groups.
The port selection is average. Grand Turks and Half Moon Cay were fantastic beach days, with pure white sand and plenty of refreshment to keep you hydrated. Puerto Rico was great for strolling down the old town streets and visiting the forts, and St. Thomas was great for shopping.
We purchase the optional baggage handling package. They take you bags from your room on the last night and you don't see them until you pick them up from the airport turn style in your home airport.
It does seem that Holland America has thought of everything.
With all that said (and this is not a complaint) the cost of beverages on the ship have gone up substantially. I think the cruise lines are going the way of the airlines. The fair for your cruise is being kept low while the on board service are where they are making their money.
If you would like a relaxing vacation with very few negative aspects I highly recommend Holland America and one of their Dam ships.
If you have any specific question about this ship, I would be glad to answer them for you.

M. T. Schmidt Less

Read more Eurodam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Eurodam Review >>

Cabin review: Eurodam Deluxe Verandah Suite Upper Verandah 7132

Large and spacious, enormous closets, fair size bathroom, the largest balcony you can imagine, room service was out of this world

Great Drinks at the beach.

Fantastic shopping