Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by coldwinds: Radiance of the Seas brings a sparkle to down under

coldwinds
Member Since 2009

Family & Children 5.0

Compare Prices on Radiance of the Seas South Pacific Cruises

Radiance of the Seas brings a sparkle to down under

Sail Date: January 2012
Destination: South Pacific
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)

First to start with I found the check in at Circular Quay with Royal Caribbean a lot better than with other cruise lines I have traveled with out of this Terminal less than 30 minutes at peak time which is very quick, But i must say that Sydney's Cruise Terminals are poor and would expect better from Sydney.

The cabin we had was a Superior Ocean view With Balcony on deck 7 the balcony was double the size of a normal balcony the room was well maintained and clean.
The shower was a little small but I could live with that and the interactive tv which could do a number of things was excellent we mainly used it to check our account balance and for room service.
The cabin steward as usual was excellent he kept the cabin in great condition and every other night we got a different animal made up from towels.

For the dining we used the Cascades deck 4 for our evening meal we keep to the same table every night, The waiters were great and the head waiter was excellent and More would go around to different tables when Fish or Duck was served and cut the bones out for people great service, The only problem would be is the Food was only average.

Other times we used the Windjammers or Park Cafe a good selection of food was provided and it was above average for a buffet style also the Hot Dog outlet was great and served many different Hot Dogs from around the world.The staff was always at the front of all the dining area's to sanitise passengers hands and other staff were walking around the ship to keep it clean at all times good stuff.

The Cruise director and his staff were the best I have seen on any ship I have travelled on from Cunard to P&O and he was not stereotyped like many I have seen in Oz where they use the same old jokes. The Entertainment was good but for me the Rat-pack show on the second last night was fantastic.

Overall the best cruise we have had out of Australia and would recommend to anyone and have already book our next one on Radiance.

My only hope is Royal Caribbean do not put a ship like Radiance permanently in Oz as they seem to always go down hill like many others have. Less

Read more Radiance of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Radiance of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Radiance of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom Deck 9 7014

Double Sized Balcony , very quiet location , small shower but good clean bathroom , average size closet