“Frst time cruiser with down to earth review”
Cruise review of Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas

Tumbleweed1973 Liberty of the Seas 5 Frst time cruiser with down to earth review
Tumbleweed1973
Member Since 2012
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
After two months of waiting and reading the reviews on this site, the sun burn has set in and the 5 day cruise is all over with. As an avid boater this had been a dream for both my wife and I. We were able to talk our neighbors, also boaters, to cough up some money and set sail. After many nights of reviewing different boats and destinations, the Liberty of the Seas sailing to Belize and Cozumel, to be the cruise of choice. We boarded the ship Saturday morning at 10:00am in Fort Lauderdale it was obvious that Royal Carribean was the right choice. The boat stood out in port being one of the two largest ships in port that day. Just looking around staff were present cleaning any and every inch on the ship. As we set sail all the staff was both helpful and polite. As I write this review, please note that I am a plumber from Illinois and my wife is in the insurance field, both of us being 37 and 38. With this we did not take part in any formal nights, excursions and little activities on the ship. We did get off the ship at each port, shopping being the main focus. Just to touch base on some subjects that I was looking for and were talked about in other reviews. The boat, you feel like you are on a floating resort. Very clean and well up kept. Plenty to do and never felt crowded in any area that we were in. Casino, the short time we were in there a fair amount of winners being announced. Food, ate the dining room first night, food ok, but not our style. Windjammer buffet was popular spot, breakfast nice and hot, but just your average buffet food. Lunch and dinners were too nice and hot with any and every option one could want. Went to Chops one night,worth every dollar for upgrade. Appetizers and main meat best of the cruise, also had a great view. Most nights resorted to Sorrento's Pizza. Best pizza on the boat, always hot and fresh with small lines. Jonny Rockets was also a popular stop, a must see. Drinks were not too far out of line. We drank mostly beers, that set you back approx 5.75 a beer, mixed drinks around 7.75 per drink. I bought the soda card and for one who drinks a lot of soda, well worth the $30.00. At. Round pool most of the time and there were plenty of waiters to make sure you had a cold drink in your hand. All and all cabin upgrade to balcony was worth the money. And room was perfect. Showers a little small, but served our needs. Zillio, the stateroom cleaner was perfect, For a first time cruiser, I thought the service was over the top and the whole experience was beyond perfect. For getting off the boat at the end of the cruise, we chose the self carry luggage option, which allowed us to get off the ship at 7:30am. All and all pleasantly surprised with all aspects of the cruise and the service. Did i mention watching the Super Bowl sitting in a hottub was the best. Will be planning second cruise in the near future. Happy cruising!
Liberty of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

E2
The cabins were fair in size. Plenty of room for two. Bed had to been the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. You just seem to melt into it. Very clean. Best feature was the tv channel 40 that showed everything about the boat as far as what path we were on, sea depth, and total distance traveled.

The shops at Belize were repetitious, having the same in each shop. Very nice atmosphere, the Wet Lizard is a most stop to try local beer and look out at the port.
Read 2,064 Belize City Reviews
Port
Very good shopping, with a lot of shops to choose from. Took cab into city and experienced some local food and events. The color of the water at the port had to be the most beautiful I'd ever seen
Read 4,594 Cozumel Reviews
Published 02/15/12
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Liberty of the Seas Review
Liberty of the Seas Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?