Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by Jamie1984

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by Jamie1984
Enchantment of the Seas
Enchantment of the Seas
Member Name: Jamie1984
Cruise Date: January 2012
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: N
See More About: Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Dining 5+

Enchantment of the Seas, January 2012
Having travelled previously with Cunard Line and NCL, My family and I were looking forward to seeing what Royal Caribbean had to offer. I am pleased to report that we were not disappointed. When we arrived in Baltimore,(after a three day stay in Washington DC), we were impressed and with the overall appearance of the vessel despite it being one of Royal Caribbean older ships.

Nevertheless, Enchantment of the Seas proved to be a pleasant surprise with an excellent range of facilities for all ages. We were impressed with the modern decor, the lovely Atrium area and the Magnificent My Fair Lady Restaurant.

This leads me on to the most enjoyable part of the cruise, the dining experience. It was superb. Our two waiters were extremely attentive and treated us like royalty. Nothing was too much trouble and the quality of the food was equal, if not better than what we had on previous cruises. Our only minor complaint was that the dress code in the evening could have been enforced better, as we noticed that many guests turned up to dinner in t shirts and jeans, which we felt in the main dining room was not really acceptable.

Our inside staterooms were clean and comfortable and our Steward was also excellent. However, in order to lock the safe, you were required to swipe your credit card across the front of the key pad. This seemed a bit strange as I wanted to lock my credit card away while I was on board! I therefore had to carry it around with me.

The other main eating area, the Windjammer Cafe was very good and offered a wide variety of meals and snacks, although at breakfast and lunchtime, it was very overcrowded and we occasionally had to wait for a table. It could do with being enlarged to cater for more passengers.

The places we visited included Port Canaveral, Key West (our favourite), Nassau and Royal Caribbean's private island, Cococay in the Bahamas. We enjoyed all the ports in the itinerary and this was one of the main reasons we chose this cruise because we had not previously been to any of these ports although we did not do any organised excursions as we felt they were a little too expensive.

Enchantment of the Seas is primarily aimed at the American market, as British tourists, I think my family and I were one of the few groups of Brits on board.

However, it was good fun meeting lots of American passengers, many of whom were frequent travellers on board Enchantment of the Seas and were very pleasant and good to talk with during dinner.

We returned to Baltimore refreshed and pleased with this cruise aboard Enchantment of the Seas.

Based on this experience, we will certainly be cruising with RCCL again in future!

Publication Date: 02/15/12